1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My SOG Saturday

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Mick P, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Mick P

Mick P

Sep 23, 2014
    Just got the SOG blades together for a Saturday Pic.
    L to R: Seal Pup, Seal Pup Elite, Tech Bowie (coated) , Tech Bowie (NON-COATED), Govt Agent seiki, Giant Bowie, Seal 2000, Seal Team, Seal Team Seiki, Tigershark Elite, Jungle Warrior.
    [​IMG]

2. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Ooooh! Sweet.
    Nice selection
    All good but I m shattered by the contents of this vid

3. Mick P

Mick P

Sep 23, 2014
    Yep, Seen this guy, it's like a destruction test. I agree that it's probably not the best steel, but it looks great. I don't think I Will be trying to smash bricks with it so....
    I have used the Seal Team (Taiwan) a lot, even in doing yard work, that included prying bits of wood and screws out. that would be abuse. No probs, got a small chip where I hit a nail or something once. Used a wetstone and it was gone.
    Still love these blades though.

4. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Agree completely that it's a grrrreat looking knife!
    But didn't go any further after seeing that
    There could be something lacking in the durability department.
    Or at least in that one particular video test piece!
    Sad really, looked terribly promising otherwise.
    But I suppose, knives are tools meant for actual usage.
    And chips though a sickening sight
    Is a whole lot more acceptable occurrence than
    Absolute disasters shattering like a piece of china...

5. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    A day late and a dollar short ;) , I have a few, I'll have to pull them out for a family pic later but in the list are...

(2) SOG Attaches, a large and a small
    (1) SOG Mini Autoclip in BG 42
    (1) SOG Stingray
    ...and a couple of other cheap SOGs of little value. Pics to follow.

Here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mick P

Mick P

Sep 23, 2014
    The bottom one....the stingray. I will be looking at one of them. Very nice.

7. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I love the BG-42 in the mini Auto Clip, you wanna talk Super Steel, at an rc of about 62 the blade takes a serious edge and it keeps it. Definitely not for the sharpening novice or the faint of heart but once you learn how to maintain it's edge it's a fantastic steel.