My Sons first antlered deer

NWA

Here is a shot of my Boys first antlered deer. He made one hell of a shot on him. 130 yrds and dropped it with one shot from a .357mag H&R Handi.

Photo132.jpg

Nick:)

Here is a shot of the rack from mine. I have a few more of us together with them. I will post them later today.

Photo135.jpg

Well done young man! :thumbup:

(You too old man, on both counts!:p :D)

Congratulations to your Son! I'll bet that young buck he shot will be good eating. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations to both of you. What a great way to make some bonding moments that will last both of you a lifetime. . . :)
Here's to some great venison for the coming year.
Be safe.

Thanks guys I am so proud of him:thumbup: It was a very special time for us indeed.

deer007.jpg

deer005.jpg

That is awesome for you both, and way to shoot their young man. Congrats, and I hope it is just the first of many more yet to come.

Great start to a son's first deer hunt/harvest. :thumbup: Congrats to you both definately a time to remember and cherish. ;)

Way to go, Nick. Did you use one of your own knives to do the field dressing, and if so, which model?
And, how much knife work did your son do on his own? Fantastic times!

This year I used the Stinger knife that went on a pass around last year. I've been using the hell out of that little knife.
My son was a little shy of getting too bloody, but he helped hold a leg for me when I was doing the field work. He'll get use to it though. He has watched me field dress a number of deer so he has definitley seen it before.

Nick:)

Nice, glad to see you got him started early and congrats on those two bucks. Good to see a young one is getting these skills early on. Makes me jealous I was somewhat late to the game.

HEck yeah Nick!! But why did you elbow him out of the way for a shot at the big one :)

Next time you take the small one and let him get the big guy :)

Just kidding. Awesome time!

I got my first deer this year. First one with bow and second with .30-30.

Back