My Sons first antlered deer.

NWA

Here is my Boy with his first 4 pt buck. He made one hell of a shot on it...... 130 yrds and dropped him with a .357 mag H&R single shot.

Photo132.jpg

I am and was so proud of him:D I was confident he could make the shot, but what I didnt expect was for him to drop it:thumbup:

Here is the rack of the one I shot

Photo135.jpg

I have a couple more pics I'll load tonight.

Nick:)

That's great Nick. You both will remember that hunt with pride for the rest of your lives.

EXCELLENT!!!! Please tell him "Well Done" from me too!!!! The 357 mag is a highly underated cartridge and get's a lot of bad press, but from a long barrel, it performs waaaay out of proportion to it's size!!! What load did he use? GREAT Shooting and Wonderful Memories!!!! Congrats to you both!!!!

Stump

EXCELLENT!!!! Please tell him "Well Done" from me too!!!! The 357 mag is a highly underated cartridge and get's a lot of bad press, but from a long barrel, it performs waaaay out of proportion to it's size!!! What load did he use? GREAT Shooting and Wonderful Memories!!!! Congrats to you both!!!!

Stump

He used one of my home brews. A Remington 180gr JHP on top of 15grs H-110 with a Federal magnum primer.

Nice!!!!

Thanks for sharing Nick. Your boy got him a nice one. 130 yds. Nice shot. Good rack on yours too.

Very nice pics Nick. Nice score too. Maybe my daughter will hunt one day??

(Not.)

Thanks guys. I know I sure am proud of him:) I have the heads boiled and ready to be mounted Euro style. I will post some pics of those when I get them finished.

Nick

Congrats Nick and to your son on a great hunt!

I'm a big fan of the Handi-rifle. Accurate little rifle for the money. I have .223 and a 45/70 that is just a blast!

Where were you hunting?

Dave

Nice pics, Nick! Thanks for sharing!
And yes. You really can be proud of your boy! :thumbup:

Back