My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

Totally. I mean, that four hundredths of an inch difference in handle thickness between the FRN Delica and the FRN Native might be a deal breaker. :D

There is another thread in the Spyderco Room that is very similar to this thread regarding the Native 5. I would very much like to get a Native 5 and try it out, but I am curious to hear from a few of my fellow Delica fanatics regarding their opinions on the Native 5 and how it stacks up against our beloved Delica.

Which version(s) of the Native 5 do you have?
Pros and cons vs Delica?
Size comparisons (pics would help)? In particular, how wide is it compared to the Delica?

Lately, I've been carrying a Super Blue Delica pretty frequently.

However, I have absolutely fallen in love with the Native 5. It is my favorite Spyderco knife and I own quite a few versions of it. My favorite is the lightweights. I most recently picked up a fully serrated model and it's amazing. I really like that the Native 5 doesn't have the hump by the spydiehole. Much more aesthetically pleasing and a bit more narrow which I prefer.

Dusted this off the other day and have been carrying it after hours and on the weekend .
This was my first Delica and the start of my love for Spyderco knives . It is in my top five Delicas list and the only titanium scaled knife I currently own.

Ken

Last edited:
Dusted this off the other day and have been carrying it after hours and on the weekend .
This was my first Delica and the start of my love for Spyderco knives . It is in my top five Delicas list and the only titanium scaled knife I currently own.

Ken

That's a beauty. Well worn and that stonewashed clip really sets it off. I'm always tempted by the D4 ti.

The Green Delica needed an upgrade on the clip. It has been said on the forums that the Lynch Deep Carry Clips are the best of the best so I managed to procure one to try it out. It was sort of a bugger to get installed as the screws don't quite fit under the bend so after a few minutes and a few attempts I was able to get the screws through the holes and get it installed. It fits very nicely, looks great, and feels great in the hand.

The only complaint, and this isn't unique to the Lynch clips, is the protrusion of the screw heads into the interior space of the clip. This often times gets snagged on the lip of my jeans and makes inserting and retrieving the knife not as smooth and pleasant as the stock clip. However, once seated it looks great and seats nice and deep.

Here are a few pics, along with another deep-carry brother. . .

Reactions: vba
7f69debe5dfe0bfdcdb421fa758623e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vba
7f69debe5dfe0bfdcdb421fa758623e0.jpg

I love this knife. Never lets me down. It stays sharp and all I do is strop it. I beat the heck out of it and it takes the beating. I'm not nervous to carry and use it. My knives that cost over 200$ make me a bit nervous to abuse. I bought this zdp delica a few months ago and can't take it out of my pocket.

Got a blue and a gray handled Delica 4 a couple of years ago for my wife and I. We both really like them. Bought an orange handled version a couple of weeks ago and noticed the blade developed some side-to-side play. Tightened up the pivot screw but the play returned. Removed the pivot screw and put a little dab of Blue Loctite on the bottom threads. Hopefully that will solve the problem. A great knife indeed.

Edit: Pivot loosed up again. More blue loctite this time and we shall see what happens after 24 hours.

Last edited:
Got a blue and a gray handled Delica 4 a couple of years ago for my wife and I. We both really like them. Bought an orange handled version a couple of weeks ago and noticed the blade developed some side-to-side play. Tightened up the pivot screw but the play returned. Removed the pivot screw and put a little dab of Blue Loctite on the bottom threads. Hopefully that will solve the problem. A great knife indeed.

Edit: Pivot loosed up again. More blue loctite this time and we shall see what happens after 24 hours.

I had this problem and ended up having to buy the loctite primer to put on the screw before applying blue loctite.

Thanks for the info. I'll check things out again after the most recent loctite application and will try the primer if I have a problem. Thanks again my friend!

Ken

That Ti looks nice.

Have not seen the wharnie in here yet! I ground down the spine a tad and dyed some gray scales dark green and forgot the backspacer, but I like the two-tone look.
IMAG0222.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0220.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back