Recommendation? My torx heads are about shot, I need new ones, recommendation?

u9zWD3A.png

As you can see my torx heads on my Wiha set are quite marred from all the pressure I use. I've had these for about what I think it maybe 4 years or so? Should I get another Wiha set , the same set, or do you recommend something else? I will absolutely not buy from China so don't even bother responding if that's what you want to say.

Alright I'll get another Wiha set. But should I get the fixed drivers or the changeable bits?
Buy more Wiha bits. There are many places that sell them.
The problem is the driver for mine has a bearing that popped out somehow, so I need a whole new one. I'd buy a metal driver in a second, but looks like that's not to be found at least on Amazon.

EDIT
I ended up getting this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AVIQPZE/ . It DOES have a metal driver, and it comes in a foam pad I can keep in my watchmaker's bench that I do all my tinkering in anyway. It even has small heads for doing some watch related things.

Last edited:
Get Wiha Torx Align power bits in the sizes that you need to replace- thank me later!

51QhSl8xgIL.jpg

Last edited:
It DOES have a metal driver, and it comes in a foam pad I can keep in my watchmaker's bench that I do all my tinkering in anyway. It even has small heads for doing some watch related things.

I bought a similar set a month ago; my third Wiha set.

Get Wiha Torx Align power bits in the sizes that you need to replace- thank me later!

51QhSl8xgIL.jpg

You are correct, Daniel! I have a set of Wiha Torx Power Bits and I love them. I have mangled a few screws with them and the bits are still perfect.
I also agree with Fixall on the iFixit drivers. I bought an iFixit driver kit in a wooden case several years ago for electronics. But I have used the bits for everything including Gunsmithing. They are still in perfect condition. I heard that their new bits are made in China and aren't as good as the older bits, but I don't know anything about that. All I know is that mine are still perfect even after using some of them in ratchets. I've stripped good screws and thought for sure that the bit would be damaged. But when I looked the bits were perfect and still looked brand new.
But they are short bits. I prefer the longer Wiha Power Bits with my ifixit drivers or my DeWalt drill/screwdriver guns.

Wooden Set-2a.jpg

I've ground a bit off the end to get more life. Same with screwdrivers and allen wrenches.

51QhSl8xgIL.jpg
Aww nuts I should have put these in my order. Are they still going to fit in the mini hex drivers in my set or is that regular size for regular switchout drivers/bits?

Aww nuts I should have put these in my order. Are they still going to fit in the mini hex drivers in my set or is that regular size for regular switchout drivers/bits?

These are regular 1/4” hex drivers. I have never seen the 4mm bits for power driving, they would be too small.

I don’t have the full set. I just bought 6-8-10 bits to use in my driver. I have many 1/4” drivers. You can even use a multi-bit screwdriver to use the bits.

I only use a few sizes regularly. I buy three of each and replace as necessary.

Back