My traditional slippies

0062e314.jpg
9a063eda.jpg

So here's my humble collection so far.
Buck 301, GEC powderhorn jack, Case swayback gent, Case peanut, Case big honking stockman, Imperial Scrade jackknife (grandfather's), Camillus boy scout whittler (won at scout camp in a whittling contest), Case medium stockman, and an Imperial Schrade fishing knife ( also grandfather's).

I left out the traditionals with locks and SAKs; I'll save them for another time.

Nice collection! Yes, a trapper and a congress would made a nice addition to your collection. I just need a jackknife. Then we would have nearly the same modells in that one. ;)

Kind regards
Andi

Oh a sodbuster too! Just made the mistake of looking over a GEC catalog...so many styles...

Nice selection there.:thumbup: I've got a Camillus BSA "Whittler" from scout camp as well. I notice that yours has a saber ground blade whereas mine is full flat. I got mine in the early to mid 90's, but I've seen older non-BSA versions of this Swell Center pattern by Camillus that also had a saber grind on the main blade. Makes me wonder why and when they changed it.
a771793e.jpg

I got mine in...92 or 93 I believe. Neckerchief slide whittling contest. Remember those wooden blocks with the image on it that you'd carve out? Everyone went straight for the eagle, even though it was the hardest with all those feathers. I won with the crow's head.

I don't carry it much anymore, lost it once and somehow found it. I'd rather save it for the memories.

I do remember the slide blanks. I know that I had a couple different types, but the only one that turned out any good was the arrowhead. I recall thinking how cool the others would look until I tried doing one and realized how hard it was.

I also remember cutting myself pretty good one time at camp with a gouge during a wood carving merit badge class. I didn't tell anybody at the time though because I was afraid of losing my totin' chip for being careless.

Back