My visit to Peter Marzitelli's shop

RL

With the practical death of the Canadian Knifemakers Guild, my opportunity to interact with knifemakers and handle custom knives for sale in person has diminished quite a bit. I have always liked Peter Marzitelli’s knives, including the folders that he used to make so it was a no brainer to check him up when in his neck of the woods.

While I am more into tacticals, this one caught my eye..i liked the feel of the natural handle and the leather, yes that is a LEATHER sheath is killer…I really like the way the camo is fused with the leather.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Dinosaurs are classic Marzitelli

large.jpg

More utility knives…like this filet knife

large.jpg

One of peter’s standard models

large.jpg

large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

And another, this time in lignum vitae the rarest of woods

large.jpg

large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Bushcraft kit with compass and Firestarter

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Ok, getting more tactical…some cyborgs…one with Peter’s “diamond” tip, the other a tanto..sadly the pics of the circuit board in the handle came out blurry

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Funny, I found something to match my hat again..Tactanto Zombie

large.jpg

xlarge.jpg

large.jpg

Also a leather sheath

large.jpg

large.jpg

The Shaman Tanto really fit my hand well and I liked the gabon ebony handle…so it came home with me

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I loved this little Wharn Skully neck knife..so much so that I bought it lol

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Finally, some shop pics

large.jpg

large.jpg

Bead blaster

large.jpg

Thanks again for the tour and awesome knives Peter!

RL

Nice knives and shop, would love to see the back of the sheath to see what the screws have on the back.

Richard

Love Peter's work. I have several of his folders but haven't picked up a fixed blade yet.

Thanks for the pictures....always such clean work.

No folders?

thanks all...Peter hasnt made folders for a few years now...maybe we could convince him?

RL

the cyborgs are really cool. did knifemaking or just the guild lose popularity ?? i enjoyed seeing the crank pencil sharpener on the corner of the table, i have not seen one since school lol.

Thanks for posting these pics!..there is a lot to like! The Dinos really do sumthin for me.

Nice pics. I always admired his work. I had a decent custom folder collection at one point, but sold almost all of them. Peter's folders were some of the VERY few I kept.

Peter is super underrated. He knows how to make an excellent knife, and isn't afraid to give his creative wild hairs an outlet.

Nice thread and pics.

I used to collect handmade and custom folders for a bit. Had two of Peter's folders. They were some of the best made and nicest finished folders in my (humble) collection. Sold most all of my collection when I got into making knives. At least one of Peter's was one of the VERY few I wish I had back.

I spoke to him on the phone back then and he was a pleasure to deal with.

nice..great to see such support for Peter..i agree that he is super underrated and would say he is one of my favourite Canadian makers for sure. I have always wanted one of his knives (now i have two! lol) especially a folder

Back