My weekend camping trip, may be a little pic heavy...

NixKustoms

Sheath and Knife Maker
First day;
Camping on the coast last weekend. I was a different kinda camping because we were in a yurt. I did get a picture of it but with my phone. Since I haven't seen a sandy beach in years i was excited to get to the beach and walk around. Here are the pictures form the first day. Well some of them, I took a ton!

DSC_0177 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0182 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0189 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0197 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0207 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0250 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

After walking the beach we decided to get a fire going. The GF is still new to fire making so she asked if she could do it. I didn't get a lot of pictures of the process because I was playing with knives making feather sticks.

IMG_4654 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Moist wood and wet fire pit didn't help the fire process.
DSC_0265 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

We wrestled keeping the fire going. Making a fire in the wet pit wasn't fun but we were able to keep it going to dry out the pit and get more than a smallish bed of dark coals.

Second day;
Woke up lateish, and had some lunch. After lunch we played with feather sticks. I didn't think about pictures at first so I missed a couple few of them, but i was intending to try to figure out which knife I like best. I tell ya it was hard; they all did very well.
Bill's Bushcraft knife.
Bushcraft knives by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Todd's Yuma.

20160611_132935 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

All the knives I liked best, so it looks like i'll have more "testing" ahead of me on the next trip.

Great knives guys!!
DSC_0268 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr
DSC_0271 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Decided to walk the beach again and here's what we found.
IMG_4656 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Found a bunch of these guys.
DSC_0298 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0301 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

The only thing that the GF wanted to find while we were here and it was hard because every other one we did find was smashed. Cars drive on the beach here.
DSC_0330 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

DSC_0332 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Last day sunset.
IMG_4662 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

IMG_4671 by Nix Kustoms, on Flickr

Haven't been to a sandy beach in a long time, I miss it. Nice pics, looks like a fun time :)

Why do I love living on the coast? See above.

Looks like a lot of fun, Nick.

Thanks guys! It was fun. But yurt capping is a once and a while kinda thing. Need my hammock for sure!! It wss absolutely beautiful there!!

Cool pictures~!!

I am going to make the assumption that you are on the Pacific Northwest coast based on the Japanese pallet.

I was at the Harley Davidson Museum a couple years back and they have a Harley that was washed ashore on the Canadian coast in a shipping container where it was stored in Japan. Wild stuff.

DSC_1832.JPG

Thanks for the pictures, and I must say, nice fuzz sticks!

best

mqqn

That is correct sir, but I think it was Korean. I took Japanese in high school and remember two of the three alphabets and it wasn't Japanese.

Man I would drug that bike home if I found it!!

Thank you this was probably my first time actually trying tutti make them. Testing out tools. :thumbup:

Looks to have been a grand old time..... Thanks for the pics and commentary...... That little Siegel is sweet looking......

E

Looks like an awesome time Nix! Thanks for sharing the photos!

It was awesome being on the beach again! We probably spent a good portion each day walking the beach. It really was a grand time. I feel fortunate to have a woman who enjoys the outdoors as much as I do.

It's what were supposed to do right TBL? ;-)

More camping next month. Next weekend were we're heading up to BC Canada for my GF's birthday. To bad you're way over on the other side.

Why do I love living on the coast? See above.

Looks like a lot of fun, Nick.
Very cool pics, Nick. Lucky you, lucky GF.

I'm going to ditto protourist......tho I am on the opposite coast. Can't imagine not having nearby access. I was at the beach last night.

Looks like a Great Time! Ocean Sunsets are nice. Wonder if that pallet would set off a gigacounter? Forgive my spelling.

Awesome pics, awesome knives. :thumbup:

Looks like a good time Nick!
Looks like you need to add a saber 16 to the mix...:D

Very cool pics, Nick. Lucky you, lucky GF.

I'm going to ditto protourist......tho I am on the opposite coast. Can't imagine not having nearby access. I was at the beach last night.

Thank you!

I feel very fortunate to live where I do. I have access to everything I want; ocean, desert, forest, mountain, everything.

Looks like a great time.

Very much a needed escape. :thumbup:

Looks like a Great Time! Ocean Sunsets are nice. Wonder if that pallet would set off a gigacounter? Forgive my spelling.

I was thinking about that when I was taking pictures. Haha

two thumbs up!

:thumbup: :thumbup: thanks bud!

Awesome pics, awesome knives. :thumbup:

Thank you sir! I try but will never be as good as The Warrior...

Looks like a good time Nick!
Looks like you need to add a saber 16 to the mix...:D

We thought about ya. Almost thought about inviting yous and yous out for a day; almost. ;)

I have one; heavily modified, but I have one. If you're referring to a sterile one; then yes I need one of those.

Or a TOPS B.O.B......(or possibly the new 710 Topper that I just received for review....)

I will eventually get myself a topper. Not sure about a tops.

Thanks for sharing your weekend. I love looking at the outdoor pics. Ive gotta get out more. 1 more week of school and maybe I'll have some pics to share.

Back