My Wenger Metal 50

In the first weeks of June 2001, I went on a German Club trip across northwestern Europe (Great Britain, France, Switzerland, German, Austria, Lichtenstein). It was most definitely a whirlwind trip. At 15-years-old, I was probably too young to truly appreciate it, but it opened my eyes and horizons.

About halfway through the trip we went to Lucerne and spent a whole day shopping at Bucherer. I bought a Swatch Irony for myself, a single-blade, black-folding (about 5") knife for my father (I'll have to check on the brand) and a Wenger Metal 50 for myself ... what I thought to be the perfect multi-tool pocket knife.

As a stupid teenager, I carried the Metal 50 in my pocket around 2003 (probably in southern Indiana) and it was lost. Now, 10 years later, I would like to start a search to find as similar as model as possible. I do still have the original box ... it's blue/rectangular with light brown (possibly suede leather?) lining with Wenger printed on the inside in silver and "5 years guarantee" printed on the bottom.

I know there have been some various models made, so my question is: How do I identify the particular model that I have; and where should I start my search in finding as close as replacement as my original?

Thanks for you assistance and safe knife-keeping!

You could try looking through http://www.sakwiki.com/ to see if you find your model. For a discontinued model, your options are likely limited to "wanted" section on this and other knife/EDC forums, as well as auction sites.

Back