My wife took me blade shopping again!

My wife needed some paint,rollers,extenders,specialty paints,cork board and some other silly stuff to finish off the basement for our daughters game/play room. I went along. I helped stuff the cart,and moaned about how my feet hurt after being up on them all day. We continued to shop.Just when our cart could hold no more we headed to the checkout.After paying for the $200.00 worth of whatever to finish up the basement,she turns and says lets go put a smile on your face.

Around the corner to Wal Mart for the second time in two days. She leads me back to sporting goods and we stand in front of the blades,the young clerk from the day before is on us at once. Smelling s a l e all the way.
I crouch and carefully look at ALL the choices. #69 please I say, Sorry sir that one is out of stock. Hmmmm OK how about # 68! Sorry sir that one is out as well. Fighting back the smart ass in me that wants to just say why don't YOU read the numbers of the ones you DO have in stock and I'll follow along out here with my eyes as you speak. Politely I began again, do you have # 48 yes I do his face lighting up! It was a Gerber,yes I know. A Gerber folding knife doesn't make me get that roller coaster feeling either, but in a odd way it was kinda neat.The Gerber AR 3.00 Serrated Edge. Nice feel and balance,easy one hand flipping via a large thumb stud.Black Oxide blade and it was like 23.00,not a bad blade for a Tuesday night surprise.So I open it and stab the crease in my middle finger deep enough that I end up buying band aids an using them so I can check out without starting a A.I.D.S. scare.
It refused to stop bleeding.
May I see # 56? Believe it or not sir you may see #58,WOW.
It was a Ken Onion BIG Tactical blade with fantastic inserts a great feel and a large sweeping blade that made me think of a Tornado going up in the sky. Hence the name Storm 2. BIG folder,with very neat gripping inserts. I tried to polish them when I got home with my 2 new blades,of course I bought them both... my wife insisted.I began to wipe the inserts on the Storm and it shredded my polishing rag.It also left rag stuck to the insert. I 'm pissed now so I use my T-Shirt to rub off the stuck on rag fragments,and I notice that the T-shirt is now got 3 finger size holes in it as well. Perhaps I will leave the inserts alone before they begin to collect skin samples as well. Great knives and they look ducky in my collection. Three blades in two days .... my wife rules!:p
Daddy

Have your wife call mine she needs guidance! A salesman at a local gun shop was pushing the Kershaw 1550. He flicked it open so fast I thoght he was a magician. So he hands it to me and tells me to give it a try. The wound healed up nicely and I still have the faded blue jeans with blood stains.

hey daddy
id say youre hooked:thumbup: you will have to learn to pace yourself though 2 knives per week would be acceptable :thumbup: :thumbup:
and your wife sounds like a keeper but the real test will come when the game/play room has to be remodeled to become the KNIFEROOM :D :D
oh yeah and pics are always welcome the wife or the knives either will do :D :D

Daddy_Juggalo said:
...,she turns and says lets go put a smile on your face.

She said that and then bought you a knife :eek: My exceptions would have been much higher.:) Just kidding, it sounds like you have a great wife.

Back