1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

my ZT collection so far

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Bushman5, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    top to bottom:

ZT0121 one of my favorite woods knives

ZT0301 just bought this slightly used, been wanting it for a long time

ZT0200 had some issues with this one (sharpening) that went on for a year or so, then i decided to mod it. drilled holes in the scales, plan to add some GITD plugs soon.

ZT0150 Tim Galyean boot knife. A wee little jabby sticker

[​IMG]

2. MoreToasties

MoreToasties

Jan 13, 2010
    Nice to see that they get used :)

3. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Now you need to get the new ZT 0551. Great knife; you won't be disappointed.

4. Vicarious Reality

Vicarious Reality

Apr 9, 2008
    How's that tyre like handle texture feel on the top ones?

5. termiteslayer

termiteslayer

Dec 18, 2009
    Very good, IMHO. Things can get mighty messy/slippery and the knives just don't want to squirt out of your hand. Very utilitarian.
    Just got the email that my 551 (550, is what I'm told it is here, but the distributor insists it's the 551) is shipped.
    As much as I love my CR and Spydie knives, the ZT's will probably be the ones I choose from for backpacking.
    Can't wait to get the Hinderer...

6. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Nice collection goin Bushman.

I strated with a ZT 0300, which impressed me for a folder.

So next up was a ZT 0301.

Then I picked up my ZT 0121. And that little compact workhorse goes everywhere with me.

7. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    Did you change the blade profile on the 0200? looks like the recurve is gone.

8. nickybh

nickybh

Jan 7, 2011
    Do you have any thoughts on the ZT 0170 Combat?

Will it be part of your collection?

Thanks.

9. jeffa

jeffa

Jun 10, 1999
    I like that ZT 0121, seems like the perect compliment to the ZT0300. Nice to see that you use them.

10. jwlister

jwlister

Aug 27, 2009
    Yeah the 0121 is a very nice knife. I have one and although I don't use it as much as bushman its very comfortable and is one of my favorite ZT's (that might change tomorrow when my 0551 arrives, we'll see...:)).

Bushman, how do you like your 0150? I've had my eye on it for sometime now and I'm looking for a knife to make #6 in my collection of ZT knives ..

11. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    no thats from 4 DMT coarse and medium hones, trying to get a :mad::foot::grumpy::mad::jerkit::foot::grumpy: edge on that knife. Then it was sent off to ZT for sharpening, that lasted about 10 seconds before it dulled again. Another professional sharpener here tried to sharpen it and had no luck

bad heat treat. Its going to be made into a trainer soon. (cannot afford to keep sending it to ZT at almost $30 CDN just for shippping, plus $20 - $40 Customs duties on the "value of the repair".)

12. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007

VERY Comfortable, and grippy too when wet or muddy

13. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    No chance of getting it replaced under warranty? I just got a 0200 for Christmas and it came pretty sharp out of the box, but I haven't really cut much with it yet.

14. knivesandguns

knivesandguns

Mar 6, 2008
    Bushman,

If you send an email to Kershaw CS, they might be able to work out getting you a new blade.

[email protected]

Regards,

-M

15. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    I edc a zt 0200 and use it hard.No problems with sharpening or edge retention,in fact its superb or i wouldnt carry it.

16. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    I have one. The knife alone is good, though balance is more handle heavy, but the kydex sheath is not ambidextrous and the clip is not belt friendly - the handle will ride up real high on your hip and it's too large to fit snugly on a belt. Unless you wear MOLLE gear or make your own kydex, carrying it won't be convenient unless you find a way to make use of the lashing holes.

Personally, I'd take the 0100, unless you're turned off by the recurve, but the 0170 is still a good knife for the price.

17. Dagon

Dagon

Nov 12, 2007
    I have the 200, one of my few "beastly" folders and it is indeed convincing.

In addition I just received the 160 fixed blade, and it's quite something. It has some resemblance to modern scandinavian blades, the styling quite subdued, as tactical designs go. It's a bit heavy yet it also seems like a very interesting, affordable and stainless competitor for general outdoor use to, say, the much hyped ESEE knives.