Myrtle Beach

Some time ago I took a trip to South Carolina and went to Myrtle Beach to check out some resorts and what not. The night life was awesome down there and the stores were amazing. The restaurants were top notch and I learned how to make a South Carolina hurricane at the Hard Rock. Put all of that aside the real reason I went down there was because of the ocean. Until then I had never dipped more than a foot in the ocean. I was curious to see if it really felt different swimming in salt water. So I went out on the beach, dropped my towel and phone and headed straight into the water. It was fun playing around with the waves for a while but to really test how different it was I really had to get past the waves. I swam up one and another and yet another then suddenly there were no more waves to swim over just what seemed to me like rolling hills of water.​

Facing out into the vastness I thought to myself how far could I have swam to get here. I turned around and low and behold I was out in the ocean way away from anyone else seeing the beach get smaller and smaller with every rolling hill. I was caught in a riptide and thought I was headed out to sea to disappear forever. That moment will forever be stuck inside my mind of how small I felt as a human being in this world of great proportions. The notion that my curiosity was finally going to be the undoing of me and I in this moment of wonder and realization needed to swim for my life. So I swam and I swam with everything I had until I made it to the watery crest then I rode down the backside of it like a snow covered hill. Back in the waves I was so tired I could barely stand so I stumbled my way back to the edge of the beach and as I lay there to catch my breath I wondered, where is my towel.​

Glad you made it back.;)

For a feeling of Nature's vastness try flying over the Pacific ocean!:D

Back