• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

myswitchblade.com

Anyone ever order from myswitchblade.com?

I didn't receive my first order, tracking information said it was delivered however it was nowhere to be found. Contacted myswitchblade but there was nothing they could do since like an idiot I did not insure it. They had a good deal $$$ so I took a chance and placed a duplicate order this time requesting insurance. Now 10 days after placing a second order USPS has no tracking information and my mail box is empty. I am awaiting a response from myswitchblade.com to see what they can do.

I am in no way trying to bad mouth this company, for all I know they could be the go to guys for our auto knife needs.

I just want to hear what you BladeForums Vets :D have to say about myswitchblade.com

This belongs in GB&U. Perhaps a moderator will move it or you could post a duplicate thread over there.. In the meantime, if I were you, I would go and do a search over there to determine if they have been any previous rep over their with other members prior to this mess..

BTW, How come after the second order 10 days later you haven't called UPS if you have a tracking number to inquire with them where the
f*%# your parcel is.. Or have I missed something?

Good luck in any event..

Gentlemen, I moved it to FEEDBACK. Next time, don't suggest re-posting, just hit the triangle with an exclamation point in the upper right corner of the post, and report it for moving -- as someone else did. :)

zombieHD55, you're doing this wrong.

1) Next time, ask about a dealer before you place an order. Personally, I never heard of him, but I'm not big on autos.

2) You didn't insure it? Why should you? You paid for the item, it's his problem to get it to you. Whatever carrier, whatever cost. Insurance is not your responsibility, delivering is his responsibility.

3) Your first deal with a company you don't know and the item you ordered didn't arrive. THAT should set off alarm bells, to never deal with them again if they can't make it good.

It's not a good deal $$$ if you keep on paying for promises instead of product.

Next step: how did you pay for the items? If you used a credit card, contact the dealer and tell him you're going to contest the charges. See what he has to say about that.

Then contact your credit card company and tell them you didn't get your order and you want to contest the charges. Ask them how long you have to do that. Make sure you contest them before the deadline. That may be why the dealer is stalling you.

Let us know what happens. We don't like people taking advantage of our members.

Contacted myswitchblade but there was nothing they could do since like an idiot I did not insure it.

Insurance is for the seller, not the buyer. The seller has the responsibility to get the product delivered to you. He can't shrug off that responsibility by saying he didn't insure it. It's your job to order it and pay for it. It isn't your job to see that it gets delivered.

One thing to consider- If the return address on the package says "myswitchblade"- it may well have been snagged by sticky-fingered postal employees. "Hey- look- a switchblade is in this box." "Mine now." It's a BAD idea to put "knife" in any form on the mailing label. Not to say USPS employees are thieves- but there are bad apples in every bunch.

One thing to consider- If the return address on the package says "myswitchblade"- it may well have been snagged by sticky-fingered postal employees. "Hey- look- a switchblade is in this box." "Mine now." It's a BAD idea to put "knife" in any form on the mailing label. Not to say USPS employees are thieves- but there are bad apples in every bunch.

Hey, Im a USPS employee, lol, but I mostly deal with letters...but your right, bad apples are everywhere, and in all walks of life! Its always a good idea to not have any info as to whats in a package written on the outside...:)

Zombie: I have made 2 fairly decent orders to my swithchblade.com and was treated wonderfully through both transactions, had no problem with delivery, I am only across the sound in ct. but no problems! In 6 years of buying and receiveing knives, I have only had one problem and it was With Flames and Knives out of california and the owner, new I had not received My A/M Shiva LE, Maybe your package did get lost, I insure anthing over 50.00, as it does not pay to take a chance!

First, if I am not mistaken, it is illegal to send switchblades via the United States Postal Service, it needs to go through UPS, Fedex, etc. So if myswitchblade.com sent it this way, they are in violation of a federal law.

Second, if you paid via credit card or Paypal, you will most likely get your money back for both knives if you file a dispute.

Also, I just visited their website, they are supposedly a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Might be time to file a complaint with the BBB.

rob

First, if I am not mistaken, it is illegal to send switchblades via the United States Postal Service, it needs to go through UPS, Fedex, etc. So if myswitchblade.com sent it this way, they are in violation of a federal law.

Good Point- I had forgotten that.
Cheers

Thanks for all the help guys. I never heard back from myswitchblade wich was very dissapointing since they were so quick to reply when my first order did not arrive at my door. The return addess in my order confirmation was for "MYSB" it doesn't say myswitchblade so no worry about giving away the contents. I checked into disputing the charges on my card and I had plenty of time to do that if it was neccessary. It ended up being a problem with the post office holding my mail, all knives arrived safetly.

I am glad to hear that others have had a good expierence with myswitchblade.com and thanks again for all the replys my fellow knife lovers. :D

Thanks for all the help guys. I never heard back from myswitchblade wich was very dissapointing since they were so quick to reply when my first order did not arrive at my door. The return addess in my order confirmation was for "MYSB" it doesn't say myswitchblade so no worry about giving away the contents. I checked into disputing the charges on my card and I had plenty of time to do that if it was neccessary. It ended up being a problem with the post office holding my mail, all knives arrived safetly.

I am glad to hear that others have had a good expierence with myswitchblade.com and thanks again for all the replys my fellow knife lovers. :D

zombie,

I had a real good gut feeling you were the sincere sort and that's why I replied to your post strait away..

I am extremely pleased to hear you got your items without any muss & fuss!!.:thumbup::D

God Bless you and yours,

Anthony

I didn't receive my first order, tracking information said it was delivered however it was nowhere to be found. Contacted myswitchblade but there was nothing they could do since like an idiot I did not insure it. They had a good deal $$$ so I took a chance and placed a duplicate order this time requesting insurance. Now 10 days after placing a second order USPS has no tracking information and my mail box is empty. I am awaiting a response from myswitchblade.com to see what they can do.

I am in no way trying to bad mouth this company, for all I know they could be the go to guys for our auto knife needs.

I just want to hear what you BladeForums Vets :D havemyswitchblade.com[/QUOTE]

Second, if you paid via credit card or Paypal, you will most likely get your money back for both knives if you file a dispute.

Also, I just visited their website, they are supposedly a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Might be time to file a complaint with the BBB.

rob

No, what is illegal is shipping a switchblade across a state line to an individual by any means. That is a federal law. Sending it by mail isn't an issue. USPS has no problem with delivering knives.

No, what is illegal is shipping a switchblade across a state line to an individual by any means. That is a federal law. Sending it by mail isn't an issue. USPS has no problem with delivering knives.

I looked into this and here is what I had found at:

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/pub52/pub52c4.pdf

442 Mailability
A switchblade knife, as defined in 441.2, is mailable only to the following
categories of addressees:
a. Certain designated supply or procurement officers and employees
ordering, procuring, or purchasing them for use in connection with their
respective governments or organizations, such as:
Restricted Matter 461
April 2006 81
(1) Civilian or armed forces supply or procurement officers, and
employees of the federal government.
(2) Supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air
National Guard, or the militia of a state, territory, or the District of
Columbia.
(3) Supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal
government of the District of Columbia, or of the government of
any state or territory, or of any county, city, or other political
subdivision of a state or territory.
b. Manufacturers or bona fide dealers of such knives in connection with a
shipment made to an address in one of the above categories.

This sounds like is confirms that shipping automatic knives via USPS is acceptable as long as the above conditions are met.

Rob

You bad mouth the site for days & it ends up a problem you caused !!!
Ridiculous

You are only 1/2 right. It is illegal to send knives across state lines by any means, but by using USPS you could end up with a separate charge from the Post office, if you are caught, for using their service in commission of a crime.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/682493-buying-a-auto...?p=7357856#post7357856

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/434213-Mailing-switchblades?p=4109614#post4109614

Back