N.e. Khukuri Konvention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maine is sort of far removed from most everywhere, but is definately worth the trip. There is a little of everything to be had in this state. BTT so everyone can see and think about it.

Uncle Bill,
The Portland International Airport is the closest to the area that Rob and I live. I would guess that Rob is not much more than 30 minutes from the airport. I am about the same distance but from the other direction.
If anyone was arriving by air, I would gladly help in meeting them at the airport and getting them where ever they needed to go. Anything I can do to help this work out to be the fun event we all want it to be!! Rick

If anyone was arriving by air, I would gladly help in meeting them at the airport and getting them where ever they needed to go. Anything I can do to help this work out to be the fun event we all want it to be

Thanks Rick! I should have thought of that:eek: I would also be happy to help folks coming in by air if you need it:) Rick's right the konvention site (my house:))is only 25 min from airport.

Maine,
They REALLY have an airport!! Will it handle Big Modern Planes!
PLACES TO STAY ARE PLENTIFUL(Outdoor World HAS A SPECIAL ON TENTS)!:D
ROG ,WILL BE DOING THE COOKING! :barf:KIDDING ASIDE,HAVE A GREAT TIME!
jim

They REALLY have an airport!! Will it handle Big Modern Planes! PLACES TO STAY ARE PLENTIFUL(Outdoor World HAS A SPECIAL ON TENTS

You won't need a tent when you come Tsimi, I've reserved you a berth UNDER the Charpi:p :D

Maine actually does have an airport, but soon the tyradctyle skeeters will have air supremacy for a while. Carrying away unsuspecting visitors from away. HEE Then the black flies will have their way with us. I can't wait!!

Would really love to but hey being on the other end of the world makes it very hard !! Would be nice to meet some of you guys !!

I was seriously considering making it to Rob's, but the at least 10 hours on up from Pennsylvania, 20 hours extra for round trip, would probably be a little too much for me right now.
The other consideration is that it would take me away from my cardiac rehab too long, I'm kicking butt in there and don't want to lose all that I've gained. I'm starting to get some definite definition back into my legs, especially in my calves and was down to 277 this morning.:cool: :D :D :D :D
Words can't express just how much I would like to make it, never been to Maine, maybe next time.

Yvsa,
You and Uncle Bill are a couple of people that I have deeply wanted to meet since coming to visit the Cantina. I hope that one day all of our paths will cross, and I will get to meet all of the great people that frequent this fine site. Someday, perhaps this will happen. I hope. Until then, We will all think of you while having this get together.

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Yvsa,
You and Uncle Bill are a couple of people that I have deeply wanted to meet since coming to visit the Cantina. I hope that one day all of our paths will cross, and I will get to meet all of the great people that frequent this fine site. Someday, perhaps this will happen. I hope. Until then, We will all think of you while having this get together.

Thanks AA!!!!:)
Hopefully most all of the problems with Nepal will soon be taken care of in a good way and things can get back to normal in the Cantina so that future Khukuri Khonventions can be held so that some time or another we can all be able to get together.
What's really nice is that the people one meets here are the exact same in person, with perhaps the exception of how you had them pictured.;) :eek:
It would be really wonderful if everyone here could all come together at once.
No telling what would take place then, but the one thing everyone could safely bet on is that the place where we gathered would never forget us.:D

Hopefully most all of the problems with Nepal will soon be taken care of in a good way and things can get back to normal in the Cantina so that future Khukuri Khonventions can be held so that some time or another we can all be able to get together. What's really nice is that the people one meets here are the exact same in person, with perhaps the exception of how you had them pictured. It would be really wonderful if everyone here could all come together at once. No telling what would take place then, but the one thing everyone could safely bet on is that the place where we gathered would never forget us

That would be one hell of a party:D And not one the cops would be in any hurry to crash;)

I develop mental images of what I think a forumite looks like -- and then when I see them in person my image is often shattered but it's the same guy. He just doesn't look like I thought he would.

I develop mental images of what I think a forumite looks like -- and then when I see them in person my image is often shattered but it's the same guy. He just doesn't look like I thought he would.

Well for me just take Dr. Mark Green from ER (bald with goatee) and give him a 6'0 230lb frame, and a baseball cap and a large khukuri--voilla!, more or less..:D

Back