N44.31.91 W115.17.64 Pic Heavy

WOW!! Great pics Scott!!;)

Beautiful sceanery.

That raft ramp is awefly steep:eek:

Now i'm anchoring for a juicy steak n taters:thumbup:

awesome pics skunk, makes me wonder why i live in the south --- 100 degrees and all the pretty rivers are just about dried up...

we're off to the frio river tonight, not going to be any rafting, but maybe at least a swimming hole or two.

thanks for the pics!

Wow... what a great trip! A few observations:

1. That SS is outta control... killed the ice, and then an orange. :eek: Fear it... oh yes... fear it...

2. Early man was a poor artist. Or perhaps, they let their 3 year old's do the pictographs.

As for your mystery critter... it is clearly one of these...

sloth.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... what a great trip! A few observations:

1. That SS is outta control... killed the ice, and then an orange. :eek: Fear it... oh yes... fear it...

2. There was a severe lack of Beer in the ice chest. Hydration is very important, and beer is mostly water. :thumbup:

3. Early man was a poor artist. Or perhaps, they let their 3 year old's do the pictographs.

As for your mystery critter... it is clearly one of these...

IMGP1182.JPG
right on all counts, as for the beer... we had 420 lbs of ice to last for 7 days. each morning every boat was allowed
to ice a 16 qt personal day cooler from the heavily guarded supply of ice. we only opened and used one cooler at a time till empty and only in the morning. beer was cooled in the river at night before loaded in the small day coolers.
besides the 30 cases of beer there was prolly 5 gals of liquor in total.
my guess is that the critter in the bushes weighed in at about 500 lbs or so!

Last edited:
Those are great pics, Skunk.

Still no word on those adoption papers?

the river is the Middle Fork of the Salmon in the Frank Church wilderness area. i believe it's the largest wilderness area in the lower 48. we rafted a lil over 100 miles from start to finish. if you know where to look a lot of the side canyons have petroglyph's. i have a ton more pics of the writing but didn't have room to post them.

Awesome! I wont be too far from that area once we get moved onto our property in Plummer Idaho. Cant wait to be up there.:cool:
It would be incredible to get some friends together and do a trip like that.:thumbup:

Awesome! I wont be too far from that area once we get moved onto our property in Plummer Idaho. Cant wait to be up there.:cool:
It would be incredible to get some friends together and do a trip like that.:thumbup:

This sounds dangerous!!!:eek:

Man Skunk. You are living the life I want some day. Awesome pics. As soon as the kids are big enough we'll be taking them on as many water trips as possible. ;)

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMGP1182.JPG

It’s definitely a very large Wombat :eek::eek:

Fabulous pictures taken in some beautiful country.
Ian.

Back