Naked Sportbikes

Hey,
I don't own a motorcycle, but I would like to get one someday. I like the way that sportbikes look without the fairing on them, like the suzuki FR1. I was also wonder if there are any significant drawbacks to this style of bike.
Also, does anyone know what type of motorcycle Cruise rides in Mission Impossible 2? It looks sweet.

There are two motorcycles in Mission Impossible 2 – a Triumph Daytona 955 is the fully faired sportbike while the “naked” bike is a Triumph Speed Triple. Don’t be fooled by the movie, neither come with knobby dirt-bike tires. Take a look at www.triumph-motorcycles.ltd.uk for all the stats.

In this genre be sure to look at a Ducati Monster (the Dark is my preference).

Ian

I have to second the Ducati Monster, a little more expensive then some others but with the Harley sound on a sport bike
Nick

. . . “naked” . . . Is that a bike term?
confused.gif

------------------
Santi:- Posting from the Land of Smiles.
Cool knife, Thai E-Nep. Check it out. Who knows? You might even want one.

Wow. I like the Monster a lot. Does anyone have an MSRP on any of the Monsters?

Take a look at www.ducatiusa.com for specs and MSRP.

About the price – it may be a bit more than others but using convoluted “I really want this” logic, consider the resale value on a Ducati Monster compared to your generic Japanese sportbike. Your actual cost in the long run may be equal or less. If that won’t work, factor in the babe attraction factor.

Ian

2000!!!

If I'd heard that I'd be afraid to leave the house. Those things are DANGEROUS.

Finding someone with enough knowledge to work on a Ducati is always fun! The repair factor should always be investigated before you purchase a motorcycle.

Tortoise and Ewok -- good call on the V-Max – that’s a great choice and was on my short list. I expect the 2000cc will be incredible.

Bimmer1 also has a good point about maintenance on a Ducati. Finicky at times and a chore to maintain, you really want to check out the service department before touring the showroom. Think of it like a high maintenance girlfriend. When everything is right, it’s really right. When everything is wrong, well… you can always sell it and find another
biggrin.gif

Ian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick:
I have to second the Ducati Monster, a little more expensive then some others but with the Harley sound on a sport bike
Nick
</font>

That sound is because The Ducks(nickname for Ducatis) have V-twin engines. I planning on getting a bike this year. The toss up is between the Yamaha FZ-1 "naked" bike, and the Suzuki TL1000R(V-twin superbike). I caan't seem to make up my mind, but I think The TL-R will win.
smile.gif

I checked on dealers for ducati in Michigan and there are a few, but do dealers also usually service the bikes or not?

Back