Name That Knife GA!! We Have a Winner!! See post #132!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
The Winner is entry number 26, Arrowhd!!

The 2016 Bladeforums knife will be built on a new GEC pattern, the number 35!!
Bill at GEC would like a name for his new pattern, and is willing to give a BF2016 knife (with our blessing!) to the person who comes up with a good name!!
I will facilitate the contest, but GEC will make the final choice!
The Rules:
1) you must be a regular contributor here - 50 posts as of today in "Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades (not bad!)
2) one post and one name only, so post your best one!!:thumbup:
Please read the entries before yours, and don't repeat someone else's entry. You can go back and change it up until the contest closes, but one post only please. Comment only in your one post as well!
It's going to be a great knife!!:thumbup:
Good Luck!!;)

We have lots of good entries!! We will end this some time tomorrow! Thanks for contributing!!:thumbup:

Read about it here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Details-for-the-2016-Bladeforums-knife/page3

Lets Goooooooo!!!:D

Here are some examples of pattern names!
Cuban
Conductor
Viper
Ben Hogan
White Owl
Dixie Stock Knife
It can refer to this configuration (the BF knife) or possibly the general pattern.

Last edited:
As I have no dog in this hunt (my post count being too low), I was just thinking that the #35 Campagna would be a fine name for this new pattern offering. After all you've done for this community, I thought it would be fitting.
So Charlie, if you and Bill decide to go with this, just donate the prize to any of the other members who have offered up such great names throughout this thread with my blessings.
(Picking a name from a hat sounds fair enough)

Last edited:
Considering that JFK was the 35th President, I nominate the "Kennedy Jack" (which is also a bit of a pun).

I'd like to change my entry to the "Lightning," named after the new F35 Lightning II fighter:

600px-F-35A_flight_%28cropped%29.jpg

Last edited:
The top illustration in the engineering drawings (post 53 on the linked thread) reminds me of a hunting dog that has just found a bird, so I am going to go with "pointer"

EDIT: I'm changing my submission on the concept of a general pattern name.

Line Rider

Last edited:
The shape of the knife (particularly with both blades at 90 degrees) and of the bar shield remind me of a stirrup, and the punch has a connection to harness-punching and horses, so I will propose "Stirrup Jack."

I submit the #35 Torpedo. Thanks Charlie!

Last edited:
Introducing the #35 Companion Jack! (or just Companion)

It's a knife you'll want to have with you on those family hikes and camp outs, at work, even when life is stressing you out and you need a worry stone. It'll always be there to help!

Saddle Scout is the best I can do at the moment.

Perhaps a Punch Jack? . . . Doh! In the time it took me to think of it and post, my name was already taken! Back to the drawing board . . . What about Stogie

I am so so ashamed to say that I have not had the time to follow this- and I have just had a look through, this knife REALLY excites me, and I'm afraid I will trample bodies if it takes to get a hold of one :)

Jacks are more commonly known as having the same pivot end for both blades so ........

My name Charlie will be: Cigar Punch Knife

Many Thanks Charlie, if I win, I would like our mate Bob to have this - as he has had to sell a lot of knives, and this could be one for him to keep :thumbup:

Huron

"The Hurons traded agricultural products to other tribes for pelts, which they then carried to the French in Quebec city or Montreal, to trade for European wares. In their flotillas of canoes now laden with such products as textiles, beads, paints, knives, hatchets, and kettles, they then completed the trade circle, returning to the other tribes to trade a percentage of their take for still more furs. And of course, of all the furs, beaver was the most sought after. It's no wonder that this animal has found its way to the back side of the Canadian nickel."

Last edited:
Like a cigar, but smaller.... like Clint Eastwood smoked in the old westerns.

Cigarillo jack.

Back