Navy Logo

My son-in-law is returning from deployment in Mosul (hopefully) in February. I am grinding a welcome home knife for him and would like to put the Navy logo on the blade. I have stencils for my logo but making a one off large stencil would be pricey. I have seen all kinds of things etched on knife blades. How is this done?

Transfer paper, laser jet printer and an iron.

With something as intricate as a Insignia you might want that Lazer Engraved so you can see Clean Details. Many Trophy Shops have Fiber Lazer capability it's your best choice for a Presentation Knife.

If it is a one off, Bring it to a place like "Things Remembered" or a local trophy store that does engraving. They should be able to square you away in short order.

Transfer paper isn't very reliable method, You can get etched spots where You don't want it. It is very dependable on quality of laser printer. Another method is let make sticky stencil in advertising shop (where they have cutting plotter) or make it Yourself by use PCB foil. Here is video:

Transfer paper isn't very reliable method, You can get etched spots where You don't want it. It is very dependable on quality of laser printer. Another method is let make sticky stencil in advertising shop (where they have cutting plotter) or make it Yourself by use PCB foil. Here is video:
Great video thanks. Get the guy in it nitrile gloves for xmas.

We're not in Connecticut bro. It's Harford county or Hazard county is also acceptable.
I get to blame it on auto correct. I picked up a pair of fabulous cufflinks that will be perfect. A quick opinion: would you put one on each side or I one on the signature side enough.

I get to blame it on auto correct. I picked up a pair of fabulous cufflinks that will be perfect. A quick opinion: would you put one on each side or I one on the signature side enough.
Just my opinion, but I'd do both. Right in the middle.

Back