Necked Rat

I got my Howling Rat necked!!Looks good and seems to slice better than with the coating.Even has a nice patina on it now from cutting beef and chicken.:)

Well I took 2 picts of the Rat after i got it naked.....justdon't know how to post picts...:rolleyes:

....and it's a real winner !! :D
MtMike
Pharoah2.jpg

LOL :D

Mike that is good, can you tell us how you got all the coating off? ;)

:D:D

Viking has sent me the pics, can't get them up tonight but will do it first thing in the morning. :D

Eric -- just a mixture of Nair and Kryptonite solvent. It's not commercially available, but pretty easy to make if you have access to a University chem-lab or nuclear powerplant de-tox room.
Sorry for the poor pic-- couldn't get rid of the red-eye :D
Here's another of Howler and his big-brother Campie, also after "treatment"
Mike
piggyJr.jpg

Eric ...thanks for posting the picts for me,You Da Man!
The first pict is from rite after I stripped it down.I used a standard paint stripper and soaked it for 24 hours.The coating never bubbled off,it just kind of softened up.I used a plastic picnic fork to scrape the coating off and used a green scrub pad to complete the process.The coating started to dry and seemed to be re-adhereing to the blade,in places as it dried,so it seems if you decide to leave the coating on after using paint stripper,I think you could,with possible degradation of the coatings perfomance.(IMHO)
I got a lot or the stripper on the Resperine handle and it seemed to shrug the stuff of like it wasn't even there!
The second pict was taken after a night of cutting chicken and beef for the freezer. Sorry I did'nt think to get picts of that!But the blade did a great job of cubing and deboning all my meat.You can just see the blueish patina on the blade,I like it...gives it character.
The blade dulled up just a little....not shaving sharp,but a few swipes on a Sharpemaker white stick and hair was flying again.
Well thats how it went with my Howling Rat...A great little knife.
(Can't wait to use my Battle Rat....he's chomping at the bit!)

Back