Recommendation? Nee EDC VICTORINOX

Hey guys. I regularly carry a folding knife of some sort of folding knife/ small fixed blade. I also EDC a Minichamp. I have many Swiss army knives but no alox. I have a pair of tweezers coming from countycomm that will go on my key ring and that leaves with me a decision. Id like the new alox farmer x but I'm unsure how I'd replace the small Phillips or any Phillips at that. Do either of those two flat heads replace a Phillips? I'm OK with losing the pen...

The Minichamp's combo tool takes care of #0 to #2 Phillips. If you find the Minichamp too much for your keyring, a Rambler or Manager will be thinner and lighter. The sturdy alox can opener turns #2 Phillips with much greater torque.

Redundancy in my EDC is a pet peeve of mine lol. I really only carry the minichamp for the pen & tweezers. I'll occasionally use the scissors but mostly just use the Phillips. Everything else is just extra.

Redundancy in my EDC is a pet peeve of mine lol. I really only carry the minichamp for the pen & tweezers. I'll occasionally use the scissors but mostly just use the Phillips. Everything else is just extra.
Just get a regular Farmer, then. Doubled up scissor problem solved; you'll have a lighter pocket load; and a really good backup knife in the Minichamp, if you can't carry your FX or whatever.

I don't like going without at least a two layer SAK in addition to my keyring Rambler. But the Rambler on its own is almost always sufficient if I forget the bigger knife. After all, it has almost the Super Tinker's toolset, only in miniature.

Executive? 74mm. Midsize scissors, nail file, two blades. Doesn't have the 58mm combo tool but but the nail file tip handles small Phillips. You don't need a purpose made opener to pop bottle caps. The orange peeler tip handles flatheads and larger Phillips.

If they offered a small SAK With that Phillips multi-tool, scissors & nail file id be all over it.

vCSaDa9.jpg

They do, it's called the Rambler.:D

The Minichamp's combo tool takes care of #0 to #2 Phillips. If you find the Minichamp too much for your keyring, a Rambler or Manager will be thinner and lighter. The sturdy alox can opener turns #2 Phillips with much greater torque.
I don't know the number of the phillips that well, but definitely attest that can opener on 93mm alox do work as a phillips screwdriver quite well for larger phillips screws.

Plus one in the rambler here... Excellent tool. If you were worried about redundant scissors with your farmer x, then you could always go with the rally on the key ring.

I've been carrying an Alox Farmer in my front left pocket for years now. It is the unsung hero of my EDC. Which ever of my "good" knives get rotated through my right pocket, the farmer is always in my left. Its my loaner blade, back up screw driver, I use the awl at least once a week, its just dependable and works. I must admit, I dont give it the respect or recognition it deserves. Get an Alox Farmer, and I can almost guarantee you'll be very happy.

The obvious solution is Manager.
  • Blade as a back-up to that of your larger folder's
  • Scissors
  • Nail file / screwdriver tip
  • Pen
  • Tweezers
  • Phillips combo tool
Carrying a separate tweezers is ridiculous, when you're already carrying a 58 mm SAK.

Alox is fun, but I can't give up the utility of the T&T.

I carry my manager with a toothpick, instead of tweezers; I find I need the toothpick more.

Back