Need a kydex bender

tinman44

Gold Member
I've got a great idea for some kydex sheaths I want made for my ColdSteel TrailHawks. I'm looking for someone to work with on this design. I will want several and I believe it will be a good enough design where others will want some as well. Please if you can work with me and put out a prototype fairly quick, pm or e-mail me and we can get started asap. Or if you already make kydex for TrailHawks can you post pics here, most ideas are not really original now-a-days.

my plan is for an open faced sheath the hawk snaps into, gonna take some explanation, dont think those guys have anything like that. do they do case by case stuff?

my plan is for an open faced sheath the hawk snaps into, gonna take some explanation, dont think those guys have anything like that. do they do case by case stuff?

i bet Armadillo Sheaths would hook ya right up, brother.

he started doing business in Kydex this year - i figure that once he catches on, there will be no stopping him, so strike while the iron is hot, is my advice.

vec

Can you skech what you want? If you can cut a patern out of cardbord Kydex is easy to work with and there is a lot of how to threads here on the forms.

I press mine between 2 2X12s (scrap wood) padded with the blue mat they sell at wal-mart in the sporting good dept. Lerned it here on the forms.

Nice thing about Kydex is if you dont burn it up you can keep trying untill you get it right. (took 4-5 tryes to get the sheath for my HI M-43 how I wanted it. (spelled: "F... it, good enough!")

I cut mine with a band saw but see were it is cut with snips, the blade that goes in it, utility knife......

Shaping and finnishing can be done with sand paper. Ruff in with 80-120 and finnish with 220.

Back