Need a Ratmandu Sheath ASAP, anyone have in stock?

I have a friend coming to visit this weekend. She is big into backpacking but doesn't have a decent knife. I have a Ratmandu that's been lying around forever, and I'd like to give it to her. I would like to give it to her with a sheath, but don't have a lot of time.

Does anyone have one in stock that could rush ship it?

Thanks.

Very cool of you. Great gift. I'd guess that one of the kydex guys here Dave Brown or Alzwelk have one. If not you could probably get Amazon prime to one-day ship a spec ops combat master 6 inch.

Very cool of you. Great gift. I'd guess that one of the kydex guys here Dave Brown or Alzwelk have one. If not you could probably get Amazon prime to one-day ship a spec ops combat master 6 inch.

Spec ops combat master is very nice too. Has lots of attachment options and a pouch for extras (e.g., ferro rod, sharpener, etc.). This is another good option for a backpacker if kydex is not preferred.

I remember emailing Dave Brown about this in the past, just looked it up. Apparently I tried to order one from him in the past, but my Ratmandu was purchased as a special, and has a swedge on spine instead of normal. I was supposed to send it to him for a sheath, but had some personal issues at that time 5 years ago and never got around to it. Sorry Dave.

I'll show her the knife and then send it out for a sheath. I'll just mail it to her later.

Thanks for all the help.

ETA: I'll have to look up that spec ops sheath.

Spec ops are usually a great over the counter option. They mold easy for a more precise fit but you don't really have to do right away. It will work "as is" in a pinch.

https://www.dlttrading.com/jre-leather-sheath-n-right-hand
I wasn't crazy about the fit, at first...but it's much better since I wet-formed it.
before
xhlm5OZ.jpg

after
lWrxZsF.jpg

I do remember that :)

The regular sheath will work just fine because the retention is on the handle scales and they are the same.
but if you want it to have the outline of your custom shop piece I would need it sent in.

Let me know if you need one.

Have a fun weekend

Also Thank you to all who recommended me and my sheaths I really appreciate the support

I remember emailing Dave Brown about this in the past, just looked it up. Apparently I tried to order one from him in the past, but my Ratmandu was purchased as a special, and has a swedge on spine instead of normal. I was supposed to send it to him for a sheath, but had some personal issues at that time 5 years ago and never got around to it. Sorry Dave.

I'll show her the knife and then send it out for a sheath. I'll just mail it to her later.

Thanks for all the help.

I have a friend coming to visit this weekend. She is big into backpacking but doesn't have a decent knife. I have a Ratmandu that's been lying around forever, and I'd like to give it to her. I would like to give it to her with a sheath, but don't have a lot of time.

Does anyone have one in stock that could rush ship it?

Thanks.

In my experience, flowers have always worked better for me! ;) Just sayin! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help.

David's the man he recently did one like that for me, it's a perfect fit. He had my knife to mold off, it's a pity he could have made one off mine for you when it was there.

20190228_230212.jpg
I don't have a picture of it in the sheath till I get home, but I even sent David an email of how good a fit it was not just a standard RMD sheath it was a perfect molded fit.

Last edited:
Back