NEED HELP benchmade 940 fake?!!!!

Hello again blade forum, I was recently scrolling when I came across some 940 pictures and realized there was a small little detail that didn’t match my 940... the pocket clip screws. My 940 screws stick out a little bit and on a lot of the pictures I’ve seen, it isn’t supposed to. Could someone send pictures of theirs and compare it to mine? My benchmade mini CR is also like this but it sticks out more.
940: https://i.postimg.cc/brJSt78x/image.jpg
CR:
https://i.postimg.cc/bv9ZFyw0/image.jpg

Ik there’s already a fakes/knockoffs forum already, but whenever I post there, there’s so many people that my concerns don’t get paid attention to...

Ik there’s already a fakes/knockoffs forum already, but whenever I post there, there’s so many people that my concerns don’t get paid attention to...
There's also Benchmade Johnny (?) A company rep here too...

Some more information would be helpful, like where you purchased the knife from.

940: blade hq
CR: Bass pro
If the 940 is from BladeHQ, I wouldn't worry about it's authenticity. The only way the Bass Pro one would be fake is someone bought a real one and returned a fake one.

As for your original question, I have several Benchmade and some have screws that protrude past the liner. One is an old Kulgera, which didn't have fakes a decade ago and a Grizzly Creek that also has screws that protrude past the liner. Both were from legitimate dealers.

Screws protruding is normal on benchmades. People complain about it, saying they should make them sit flush. They don't hit the blade, so what's the big deal? Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Not a problem. My 940-1501 from Knifeworks has the screws protruding just like that too.

In order to get full engagement into the liner with the threads with all tolerances involved we protrude the screws slightly to ensure there is always enough thread engagement. On production knives we cannot sand down each screw to the exact flush length.

Hi guys, sorry for the offtopic! I'm new here and have just bought a 940 BM. Will 940 green aluminium scales be less grippy after time? I mean I do not mind scratching the scales, just curious how they gonna feel after a few years of use. Thanks :)))

Hi guys, sorry for the offtopic! I'm new here and have just bought a 940 BM. Will 940 green aluminium scales be less grippy after time? I mean I do not mind scratching the scales, just curious how they gonna feel after a few years of use. Thanks :)))

Not really no.

In order to get full engagement into the liner with the threads with all tolerances involved we protrude the screws slightly to ensure there is always enough thread engagement. On production knives we cannot sand down each screw to the exact flush length.
Thank you Jimmy

They don’t lose that much grip, but a little bit starts to wear off over time and Patinas nicely

Back