Need help finding clips

I am planning a little customization of my SAK, which involves putting a clip on to it so that it doesn't disappear in to the unplumbed depths of my pocket every time.

I've found, in my admittedly limited experience, that the Spyderco clips are very strong and should fit my needs.

What I need to know is where can I get the clips only (would love to use this as an excuse to get a whole knife
smile.gif
, but then I'd end up canabalising it for the clip and end up in the same situation, ie needing another clip), and how the clips are fastened on to the knife. ie do the screws go all the way through the scales in to the metal liner, or are they only embedded in the scales.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Steelwolf!

You can order clips at SFO (Spyderco Factory Outlet)their e-mail-address is: sfo@spyderco.com.
As for how the clips are mounted, there are different ways.
The screws on the Starmate go into the liner as on the military.
Hope this helps.
Greetings
red

Thanks for the info, Red. Do they have a website I can look through? Just realised that there are quite a few sizes to choose from.

You can check the spyderco-homepage.
There are add to cart buttons near the knives (the orders are processed by SFO).
The best way to find the right clip-size would be by comparing it to a clipit you have. Another way could be to try and compare the handles length of your SAK with the length of one of the spydies (via the small catalog or on their web-site) and find a matching one. From the pictures you can tell how they are mounted.
Antoher way could be to ask some knife-people about the length of their clipt
smile.gif

Greetings
red

PS: The c-36 clip (military) is 7.5 cm (2.95").

Steelwolf, I mailed the clip out yesterday. You should get it by May 1. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Back