Need Help from you computer pros.

Ok guys here we go. Say I copy a picture someone posts in a thread here. I save it to my desktop. NOW! for some reason it saves as this crazy PHP file. Not a jpeg or gif. I try to convert it or save as a different file type and it still comes out the same. I'm trying to rebuild my Busse Album since the crash of photopoint. So I need to know how to convert these jokers. Does anyone know how to help me. As soon as my album is up and running I'll post it up for you guys to see. Thanks.

Ryu,

your file associations are stuffed up.

if you are using ME, go to your explorer, tools, folder options and click the FILE TYPES tab.

You will guess what to do here. Simply find the jpeg format file and change what it opens with / saves as.

I think this is what you have to do if reading your thread properly.

Have fun!

Ryu,

With out knowing for sure where you originaly got the image file from it makes it hard for me to help fully. However it might be possible that you have a PHP script and not the actual image. PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language. Much of its syntax is borrowed from C, Java and Perl with a couple of unique PHP-specific features thrown in. The goal of the language is to allow web developers to write dynamically generated pages quickly. PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. This confuses many people because the first word of the acronym is the acronym. This type of acronym is called a recursive acronym.

Info re: above found at http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.general.php

One advantage of this is that images can be resized as sites change on the fly and the web developer does not need to be bothered with it.

Ryu,

Here is what I do when I save an image, using Netscape:
- right-click directly on the image
- click on "Save Image As"
- enter the file name I want (see example below)
- click on "Save"

I have noticed that usually when I save an image from BladeForums, the default file name is "attachment.php" - I change this to something like "SHvariant3.jpg", and usually the image saves without a problem (assuming the image is a JPG file format).:)

Gene

heres how i do it.. start by buying your mouse a drink

whoops! wrong forum.. sorry :eek:

Not only has WTFOver given you good advice, but you could practice on his avatar.

Stars and Stripes forever! :D

Thanks to all of you guys for the help. I really appreciate it. gk4ever I tried saving one of my stored PHP files as "NAME.jpg" went over like a charm. My Busse album should be up in a day or two. And when photopoint sends me my CD I'll have it back up in full strength.

Back