Need Help Identifying Knife Maker

Since it has no makers mark, and if your friend has no paperwork to indicate who made it (like an old receipt), I say clean it up and use it, because the chances of confirming who made it will be slim to none. And besides, it looks like it was made to be used.

Any chance it was made by your friends father? If there is a chance, then your friend might want to keep it.

Wouldn’t take much to put a good edge on that carbon steel, even has a leg breaker…nice knife/sheath.

Finally met a sharpening choil I like.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm going to leave the knife original but I'm worried about the rust. I don't know much about caring for carbon steel. From what I've researched fine steel wool and oil should be enough to remove the surface corrosion.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm going to leave the knife original but I'm worried about the rust. I don't know much about caring for carbon steel. From what I've researched fine steel wool and oil should be enough to remove the surface corrosion.

Its not complicated...... Wipe.or clean blade after each use and you should be fine!!!! Unless your using it as a diving knife!!😉........Worst case that blade is small enough you can just use some oil from off the side of your nose..... Seriously!!!! Clean it up nice and use it..

Back