1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help identifying sword

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by jpthomassword2017, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jpthomassword2017

jpthomassword2017

Sep 12, 2017
    Need help identifying sword
    Need help identifying sword with 2 of the 3 daggers it came with
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JVRECDAHP_djRKYVFvTFdPR1k/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JVRECDAHP_aWRlMzNzQlMxSUE/view?usp=sharing
    I have no idea if this sword is authentic , where it comes from or what time period or if it is a replica,

My guess is the it is 15th - 16th Century authentic , southern europe , maybe Italy based on my own visual examination and wild guessing techniques , would like to hear what others think and why?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:04 AM
  2. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    This looks like a recent African made sword. Probably intended for the tourist trade.

n2s

Lapedog likes this.
  3. jpthomassword2017

jpthomassword2017

Sep 12, 2017
    Possible, there is some type of metal inlaid in the hilt, i have looked all over the internet and have yet to find a pciture that matches this sword. It was given to me by a friend, who doesnt know where it came from either. Would like to solve this mystery, ill post more pictures tomorrow..
    JPT

4. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I was going to say, it looks sort of North African influence. I don't believe it is authentic, certainly not 15 to 16 century; most swords from that era are a pile of rust. There's no way this one is from that era and this pristine.

5. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Condition is only a factor of condition not of age, there are pristine swords from that era and there are five year old swords in terrible condition. That said I agree with the rest of the thoughts on what this thing is. It's not 15th or 16th century Southern European and African tourist piece seems most likely although with this sort of thing there is no shortage of makers all over willing to turn out something like this.