Need Help & Justification

OK, I need some help making some descisions. I like the novelty of buying new knives (who doesn't?) I have a somewhat limited budget (who doesn't ?)

Here's my problem, I would like to buy an Outdoor Edge Magna, Bob Lum Spyderco, and a Becker Campanion. All of those I expect I would be happy with, but all three together are almost another Sebenza.

I already have a large and small Sebenza, but would like a decorated one. So here's the problem statement:

I'd love to experience the novelty or having those 3 new knives above, I'd also love to have a decorated sebenza. I'm more of an "armchair" knife user, and since I have similar models to all the above already, none of these would be a radical change.

As you can tell, I'm currently experiencing a confusing mix of desire and rationality. Probably more of the former :)

Anyone lend any arguments either way to help me?

TIA
DaveH

[This message has been edited by DaveH (edited 02-09-2000).]

Dave-

I think the answer lies in your statement that you already own similar models to the other knives. What you do not own is a uniquely decorated Sebenza. There is a certain thrill to owning a one-of-a-kind Sebenza and knowing that nobody else in the world has a knife that looks exactly like yours.

------------------

Go for the wood inlay, the wood is slightly higher than the scales so the handle is a little thicker, and more comfortable and nice looking, uh oh, I think I'm heading for a relapse!

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Don't ask me. Since I got into Sebenzas I gave up all other knives as being unworthy of my $. right now I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my first decorated, just a few months away
biggrin.gif

I feel your pain man. I have rewritten my wish list several times in the last 6 months because of these damned Sebenzas! Everytime something new catches my eye and holds it, it is not long before I am forced to say "After the Sebenza". New Randall? Maybe next year. Elishewitz? Maybe next year. When will this madness end? Then your new Sebenza arrives and you can't put it down. This is what it is all about and it IS worth it. So my question is, would you rather play with an inferior knife (or knives) while you wait for your Sebenza or would you rather enjoy your Sebenza while you save for your next purchases? I know my answer
wink.gif
! 2 months and counting!

OK, a follow up, sorry if this has been asked before. What's the bronze Damascus blade made of?

TIA,
DaveH

Back