need info on Timberline Discovery...

I am looking for help in determining the difference between the different models of Discovery I am finding. I want one of these knives but I don't know which one to get. There is a price difference so I would imagine there is a material difference. Can anyone tell me how the TL-94091 is any different from the TL-94051? The 94091 is cheaper and I don't know why. As long as it has the assisted opening blade and is serrated then I don't care what the handle is made of. Can anyone help me on this?

Am pretty sure that the cheaper one has Kydex/FRN handles, while the more expensive model has aluminum handles.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

The 94051 has an aluminum handle, while the 94091 has a Zytel handle, otherwise the knives are the same(except for the price).

Has anyone been about to try one out?? I my self am thinking of buying one but have not been able to try one out my self.
please tell me what you think of this knife the good & the bad.

****Caz****

I had one that I bought new a couple months ago. I returned it the next day to the dealer.

I was not happy with the locking mechanism (although I admit to being spoiled by the BM axis lock). It felt very flimsy and rough.

There was a fair amount of blade wobble, unless I tightened the pivot to the point where the spring-assist no longer functioned.

The knife looked like quality, but it felt different than it looked.

YMMV.

I had one for quite a while. Great knife, actually.

I finally decided I liked my Boa more, but it was 2x the cost. I gave my VDL to my dad. A friend has one and loves it.

Both of ours are plain-edge, alum scales. Recommended for the $$$.

Mike

I have one. Cool little knife, but I still prefer the Kershaw/Onion models. Just in case the assisted opening mechanism fails, I like to know I have a linerlock in place for some measure of safety.

Back