Need Kydex for Bandicoot

I'm getting ready to get my first Swamp Rat.

I was torn as to what to get. I ended up deciding that what I WANT is a Bandicoot except I don't like the leather sheath. I want a sheath like the others.

Does anyone make them? Or, if not a nylon-covered kydex, then maybe just a plain kydex?

wait for Eric at On Scene Tactical. He has the BR and CT already. He makes top notch kydex sheaths and maybe soon he'll have he HR and 'coot.

Yeh, I got a couple On/Scene Tactical sheaths recently. After fiddling with them for ages (there's so many ways to wear themthat it's hard to decide) I'm very happy with them. The only negative thing I would say is that if the grip is made from a rubberized material like my Fallknivens (the rats obviously are), you may experience signs of wearing on the parts of the grip where the sheath is tight. whether this will happen with RC or not, I can't say.

It's a great way to carry though.

So how do I get ahold of this guy so I can let him know that there's a demand for this item and to get on the list of people he tells when they're done?

Bandicoot fits fine in the sheath of the howling rat. Maybe until you find the right kydex, just order an extra Howling rat sheath. The blade is the same length only a slightly different shape, but the kydex liner is just a rectangle that will accept either. I did not find it loose or rattling around in there either. I find the leather sheath ok, but you cant get the knife out with one hand which is something I do not like. I am waiting for on scene tactical to make a sheath and dont want to send my knife in. I am using the howling rat sheath for now when needed.

Hey Guys....

Thanks for all the nice comments..

I'm getting on the phone tomorrow with Jerry...

Jerry,,when that long distance call comes in,, it'll be me...

I'll see what I can do ASAP guys...

I can tell you right now,, if the Coot and HR fir like the CT and BR,,,man are you gonna like the sheaths....

Brings back fond memories of sheathing Basics... Sweeeet....

Thanks

Eric...

Hey Eric,

you got a HR and/or coot yet for a model? If not, I would gladly ship mine to you for modelling. Let me know what you want to do.

The CT and BR sheath are perfect in every way. Now, there is the ratchet too! hmmmmm...

Hey, by the way, say hi to Ray.E (USN)for me in Canada this weekend mate. Tell him he sounds like a fiery little bastid over the phone and I can not wait to catch up with my Canadian brother!

;) :D

Let me know if you want some more RAT in your life...

I am willing to support the 'all' in the swamp...ready when you are Eric...:D

I'll second what Mike990 said -- as a srop-gap measure the 'Coot fits (a;most) perfectly in the HR sheath. I've got wetdog's 'Coot for fitting with some heavy leather, so I tried it after reading this thread. The narrower blade of the Coot doesn't slop around at all, pretty snug. If anything it draws more smoothly than the Howler.
Of course heavy-duty leather is still THE way to go, but this'll do :D
MtMike

Hey Gundy...

Thanks Gundy,,but just hang in there.. I just got off the phone with Jerry a little while ago and we are going to work something out very soon...

I've ordered a BC and HR and also a Busse AD..

Please hang in there I'll take care of you...

I'm please you are happy with the BR and CT.. Awesome frigging knives Eh...

Thanks for all the nice comments guys....

ttyle

Eric...

An 'AD' hey.....hmmm, put me down for one mate! :D You can send it with the HR and Coot...;)

BTW, check yer mail bud...

Back