Need Pimp Suggestion on Arc AngelGuys

Guys,

I just got a minty new Cold Steel Arc Angel.

Take a look at the holes in the handle. I've found that, not only are they abrasive to the touch but, where they lie near the pocket clip, they catch on the edge of my jeans pocket, making it exceptionally difficult to clip and draw from my pocket.

I need to radius all the edges of these. I was thinking about using the corner of a Sharpmaker stone, because I've successfully done that to soften the edges of stainless-handled Spydercos where there is a sharp edge around the blade slot. That'll probably be a heck of a tedius project, only slightly radius the edges, and I'm hoping there's a better way too. I need a pointy little diamond rod that's not too coarse, or something like that.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• arc-angel-md.jpg
    arc-angel-md.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 59
You can radius the holes with a pocket knife. This will remove the anodizing around the holes. You can also fill the holes with colored epoxy. Just put masking tape on one side and fill with epoxy.
Bill

A narrow, pointed file would be ideal. A dremel with a carbide bit would be the quick way out, but I highly suggest you don't go that route because one slip and you might prefer keeping that purdy bali in the junk drawer. I don't know if you have one, but the files on SAKs and Leathermans are pretty small and I bet they'd do a pretty good job. Afterward, you could wrap a little sandpaper around a fine art paintbrush handle and use it to polish/soften the filework up. Good luck!

NeedleRemorse said:
A narrow, pointed file would be ideal.

That's what I ended up using. It came out fine and didn't take much filing to break that edge. Yeah, I slipped a few times. Titanium scratches easily.;)
Draws and goes back a lot more easily now.

"Yeah, I slipped a few times. Titanium scratches easily."
That's why I suggested chamfering the holes with a pocket knife!
Bill

Back