Need some advice on mounting waki to pack

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by buckmaster96, Jul 1, 2020.

1. buckmaster96

buckmaster96

Jan 6, 2012
    hey all, I recently purchased my first two busse/kin. I have a comp finish f16 on the way and just got a black w/black micarta scale waki from another member here.

My questions are;

1. What style kydex sheath do you prefer? (Pancake or taco) and why?

2. How are you guys going about strapping them to a pack or bug out bag? I've searched and all I can find are people saying they have done it but not how...

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I haven't gotten out to take any good pics of it so I will post some on thursday.

2. scdub

scdub Basic Member Basic Member

May 29, 2004
    Generally prefer taco because lower profile and lighter, but pancake might be easier to mount in the following manner:

Use 750 (or 550) pound paracord, in two or more separate segments, to tie loops on the sheath using single granny knots on each end.

Trick is to leave about a 1/3” tab sticking out of the granny knot, and use a lighter/stove to light that tab on fire and let it melt into the knot. A little more flame work and you’ll have a low-profile knot that won’t come untied (you will need to cut the knot off to remove). Works great for many of my setups and ultralight...

954Ink and buckmaster96 like this.
  3. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I'd probably try a pancake sheath with molle locks.

4. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    ^^^ Great suggestion.;)

5. ironmike86

ironmike86 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Looks at Buy Brown. . He can mount something that will mount to your pack. Especially if you have mollie

Attached Files: