1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Need some help guys, Lionsteel or ZT???

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Grandmaster, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I'm about to purchase a ZT CF562, but came across this one:
    http://www.knifeart.com/lionsteeltrecf.html

the difference is only 60 bucks, which one would be better?

I carry big folders, and just common chores

thanks

2. bld522

bld522

Feb 3, 2004
    Those are VERY different knives. If you're used to carrying big folders, I'd suggest you stick with the 0562CF.

3. exmaxima

exmaxima

Jan 30, 2006
    +1.
    I was looking at the Lionsteel TRE as well, but a 2.91" blade is just too small for my EDC. I think that's even shorter than the Small Sebenza.

4. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    The SR1/A series are certainly big enough but no CF on those. As to which would be better, both brands are highly regarded and well made.

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    okay, so apples to apples comparison, the lionsteel SR1 black aluminum on black blade or the ZT CF562? Im torn between the two, if someone has both or has handled both, which one would you choose?

thanks guys

6. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I found the handles of the SR1 to be very slippery, which is why I sold mine. The TRE has IKBS vs the ZT's caged bearings, just to note.

7. Slauterhause

Slauterhause Best Rob on BF. Way better than those other Robs. Platinum Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Lionsteel is one of my favorite brands, and I really like my SR1 but I consider the ZT 0562CF one of the finest flipper EDC knives you can own. I absolutely love that knife, and just 'had' to buy a backup one just in case.