Need some help identifying a handle material

Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me identify the handle material on my ASHBM. This one was purchased for me by a buddy of mine at Blade 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Eric. Yep, red and white liners with smooth pins. Sorry about the crappy cell pics...

I was thinking lace wood too, but I've never seen one that looks similar to this one......

That is surely the "so awesome I forgot I was supposed to help you identify it" kind. I believe derikdesmond is correct, though.

Those liners make that blade dude. Nice battle mistress.

Two other woods when dyed different colors look like this.....Spalted Ash and Spalted Maple...The softer Spalted material can resemble Lacewood depending on the color and stabilizing. Good looking gift for sure and really like the double liners.

I don't think it's Lacewood. Better pics would definitely help.

Is this as shipped from Busse, or a re-handle?

Last edited:
I held this knife ...... But I forget the material. Josh, Beef or crew should chime in soon to identify.

End grain maple. Basically spalted maple but cut against the grain instead of with the grain. Really gives a cool effect.

Garth

No problem Spyder....as soon as I get back home from this business trip, I'll post more (better) pics of this beauty!!

More and more,I'm becoming a fan of the custom shop stabilized wood handles. They're pretty cool looking.

Back