1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need someone to drill/tap my knife

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by crazyasian1, Apr 15, 2018.

1. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Apr 15, 2018
    BLUF: I'll pay someone to drill and tap my pocket folder.

Hello blade pros, first time poster here. I just bought a ZT 0350 off of Amazon and I went to move the clip, the holes were too big/short/small what have you. I complained to ZT and they asked me to send it in. When they got it they let me know it was fake, go figure. Customer service was well above board and they communicated quickly and were very personable with me, even giving me a call to let me know what the deal was. So then I cried to Amazon and they gave me a full refund and let me keep the knife.

So now I have a fake-ass ZT (albeit a pretty good one) with a loose clip. What I don't have are the tools and skills to tap the holes myself, so I'd be willing to pay someone fair value to ship my knife to you, and have you do some work on it. Best part is, if you screw it up, no biggie as it's basically a free-to-me knife. I'd ship my knife to you and include a check so you could cash and clear the check before you send the knife back to me.

Anyone interested?

2. darth_cholo

darth_cholo

Mar 29, 2010
    Is this for real? You had me until the weird solution about the check writing. I just wrote my first check in about 2 years yesterday (paying a contractor). Do people still write those?

3. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    I can do it, shoot me an email

4. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Apr 15, 2018
    Lol, well I’m old so a check seemed logical when I was writing my first post here for this unique to me situation. I guess Paypal’s a thing now right? Whatever, the point is if you can help me, I can pay, however you want that done.

5. darth_cholo

darth_cholo

Mar 29, 2010
    Lol
    It's cool old man. I'm only old enough to not like social media. Usually it's how those scammers from Nigeria scam on craiglist.

6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    What's Craigslist ? I'm in the same boat as the OP.

7. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    So the knife cost you nothing? If so, do us all a favor and trash that fake. Dismember it and scatter it among different garbage pals.

8. rdrogers

rdrogers Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2010
    LOL I read the title of the post as wife not knife