need to identify

Thought it was a corn knife , I might be wrong..... Getting rid of all my antiques
44vh9oF.jpg
Thanks,,,,

My dad had one very similar to that one. He used it for hay bales tied with twine when feeding cows and flaking it off. I don’t know if that was the intended purpose but it worked well in that case except when tied with wire. He did use it for other tasks where he needed to pull heavy or rough materials even cutting goard vines out in the pasture.

I grew up on a farm also. When it comes to a specific tool on a farm a farmer will find other uses for a tool that it wasn't intended for.
We just grabbed what ever we could to get the job done. :D

I grew up on a farm also. When it comes to a specific tool on a farm a farmer will find other uses for a tool that it wasn't intended for.
We just grabbed what ever we could to get the job done. :D

Lol, that's what farmers do. You don't see farmers putzing around, just getting work done. I didn't grow up on a farm, but being from Wisconsin I had plenty of friends that did :)

Looks like an ice knife, used for pulling ice blocks in an ice house. Way back when...

Or I could just have too much blood in my alcohol stream. I hate it when that happens....

Back