"Needs Work" SpeedSafe Broken - Mfg - April '07

The Speedsafe opener on my "Needs Work" mfg date April '07 broke today. I bought it on June 10.

I understand Kershaw will send you a new torsion (?) bar to repair it. Is it easy to install?

Could it possibly be anything else?

I can still open it with one hand - press the Speedsafe bump and open to lock with my thumb. I wish it was made without the Speedsafe and just the ability to open it up with the thumb. In some ways I like it better without the Speedsafe opening.

!!!!! Now this is getting a bit more dangerous. For awhile I was able to get the liner lock to lock. Now the liner lock does not lock!!!!

I'll be putting this knife in the draw for awhile.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

P.S. - I have only cut two things with this knife - the hair on my arm and my pinky when I was closing it.

dex, sorry for your issue. You should call Customer Service at 800-325-2891 and they can assist you with your knife.

Thomas,
I left a message for them to call me back.

I'm in Colorado hiking some of the 14ers now and I would just like to get the knife to where the knife lock and is safe to use.
That it doesn't lock up is what scares me.

Thanks

FYI - Kershaw warranty dept tells me that since the blade does not lock when I open it manually the problem is something other than the torsion bar.

So I have to send it in for repair.

Back