1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Neewbie question on a custom knife

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by koz5614, Feb 12, 2012.

1. koz5614

koz5614

Jan 29, 2012
    Hello, I am new to the forum. I'm hoping someone could help me identify the maker of a custom knife i purcased. I was recently at a gun show, and spotted this knife in a case while looking up and down the aisles. I originally gave it a glance and continued on my way. For some reason, I couldn't get it out of my head, and before I left the show, I bought it. Someone put a lot of work into both the knife and its sheath. It seems pretty well thought out; the finger holes are staggered to fit the hand, and whoever made it thought it more of a slashing knife than a push dagger - the tip is blunt. Even the brass sheath has lots of time into it. Unfortunately, I have no idea who made it; the only mark is a "D." on the blade. Does anyone know who made it? Thank you for your time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Well, whoever made it, did it not long ago. The grind looks like a Besh Wedge from your pics. Where was the show which you purchased this knife? That will gve ushelp figure out where this knife came from. It looks like it is ameture made with little attention to the finish. Still a cool piece of americana.

-X

3. Donald Clay

Donald Clay

Feb 12, 2012
    Not new,very old.

4. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    yeah that opposed bevel thing is totally what Brent Beshara's been all about. Thanks for putting up those pics, that thing is tres cool.

5. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Posted with authority! Does the "D" mark on the knife stand for Donald? If so, tell us more, and a big Welcome to Blade Forums, by the way!

Paul

6. koz5614

koz5614

Jan 29, 2012
    Thanks for the replies, especially the "Besh Wedge" information. I thought my knife was a lot older because of the scabbard. Thanks again.

7. Donald Clay

Donald Clay

Feb 12, 2012
    No,that is not my work.Nice though.The scabbard make me think it's old.Probably from a lot of carry,little use.and thanks for the welcome.