Neighbors

So the police contacted me Sunday afternoon. Offered to swing by the neighbors house, I said of course but I'll cover the damage just to keep neighborly and stay away the confrontation deal. He stopped by and called me while over there. The mother of one boy, 17 almost 18, I think she's a single mom, older, she was being generous and letting another boy (trouble kid, little older than her son) stay at the house, he was the cousin of her sons girlfriend and was on thin ice as it was. This was the last straw. She had no idea this had happened. She offered to come over and pay for the window, my wife offered to pay half but she brought over the full amount of what was mentioned that it was going to cost to repair the window. From what I've gathered, she's the neighborhood mom who takes in all the boys in the neighborhood as she mentioned something like 12 stockings at Christmas and I think she has the one son. Her property spans two of our houses, pretty much confirms the bb came from her yard. I walked her through the backyard, showed her the damage, talked socially, she has privacy hedge on her side of the fence, I told her that when it comes time for maintenance, I'd be happy to pitch in for the maintenance of the privacy hedge and since I've met my neighbor on my side that borders her property, I'm willing to be he'd help also. The office stopped by before she did, said this is a rare one, to offer to come by and pay for the damage, (without witnessing, you gathered she had a pretty good feeling it was the boy staying with her), all in all, I'm glad to have a neighbor like this, I'd agree with the officer, I think it's rare.

Now is the time to fight back. Take a few shots through that hedge and see how they like it. Ha! Just kidding. Glad it worked out for the most part. I live in the burbs now for about 20 years and the population is skyrocketing along with the trouble. You're not alone. We have a neighborhood watch program. I usually go running at night and ocassionally see a few things going on. The funniest thing I saw was a fat oriental man chasing a smaller naked oriental man. I contacted the police and they later got back with me to tell me that the first guy caught the second in bed with his wife. Totally hillarious! Running and yelling in his native language. Wish I could have recorded it.:D

Back