1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Neither the 0562 nor the 0566 worked so I just ordered my first XM-18!

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by ZuluTango, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ZuluTango

ZuluTango

Nov 28, 2014
    I'd recently been researching getting a new ZT. Both the 0562 and 0566 had a lot of features that I liked but each had a few that I didn't. On a wild hair I googled Rick Hinderer and found myself on his website. I had no clue that they sold directly to active duty military so I immediately contacted them to see if I could order a XM-18 3" Flipper with the Slicer grind and orange G-10 scale! It's on its way and I'm super excited!

Stay safe,
    Zack

2. xxfalconxx

xxfalconxx

Dec 19, 2013
    Congratulations !!! The 3" XM is my favorite knife.......awesome to carry and just a beautiful blade.........you're gonna love it......

3. prelude92

prelude92 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Congrats on joining the herd! Beware...you will want more and more! And I agree with Ross as stated above...the 3" is definitely a favorite or mine as well! It's a great size. :thumbup:

4. dcmartin

dcmartin

Oct 25, 2010
    Congratulations! USE IT ! USE THE HELL OUT OF IT!

5. bfwhite

bfwhite

Jan 7, 2013
    Congrats on the order. I contacted them a week ago and was told to check back in a couple months to place an order for the 3.5".

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  6. MajorHarryFace

MajorHarryFace

Nov 1, 2014
    Good for you Zack! Put up a picture of it when you get it. Thank you for your service and stay safe. Paul

7. ZuluTango

ZuluTango

Nov 28, 2014
    Thanks for all of the comments.

Here's my first.

Don't worry, it'll be a user!

[​IMG]

8. prelude92

prelude92 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Looks great brother! The 3" Slicer is a great model, and an awesome XM to start with! Congrats!

9. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    I own and carry (summer) its Twin :)

10. MajorHarryFace

MajorHarryFace

Nov 1, 2014
    Awesome! Now go cut something.