Nekkid and REK'd...yup, it's Friday nite

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Just got these back from Josh REK Knives REK Knives this week and I've been holding off for some good light to capture the glory of these blades...got some light...now if only I had some decent photog skillz :rolleyes::oops: ...

EU17 Magnum
NMSFNO
TGLB:

AVIQSca.jpg

uy2uPU2.jpg

It's imposible <for me> to eliminate shadows & reflections from this beautiful satin INFI, so don't be mistaken, the edges on these are FLAWLESS:
69QtxyS.jpg

What's an Outlaw got under the hood? Check it out:
C0dWYiE.jpg

Outlaw chamfered talon hole <that vertical line is an optical artifact, srry>:
C5fnJKZ.jpg

The convex Josh applied to this NMSFNO is so refined and sharp, when I just "rest" my index, middle, and ring finger pads on it, it feels like it's gonna slice my fingerprints off. I wouldn't dare slide them down it lengthwise! That's SCARY SHARP!!! :eek::eek::eek:
pMkH5vM.jpg

That iconic Outlaw pommel! :cool:
Agm8y2u.jpg

Anybody else love Busse fishscale texture? :D
DYQIOgV.jpg

FZyuCzy.jpg

Last edited:
Extraction Unit 17 Magnum clip point:
E2bHfK2.jpg

A very ergonomical model! :thumbsup:
Ex8PJmc.jpg

g3PTI79.jpg

T25 Stainless Torx are superb:
1siTxPO.jpg

Team Gemini Light Brigade is a model close to our hearts :) :
H7nPL54.jpg

I asked Josh to apply extra care to the fuller. Mission Accomplished. It's damn near impossible to photograph because it's so shiny :cool::
yHHfQMP.jpg

9D4b7QV.jpg

TGLB tip detail...pro level perfection:
8uYURoT.jpg

Something you don't get to see often-- Busse undercover handle exposé:
y2utPj9.jpg

Tan Canvas, note the coarse fabric fibers/plys in the hole:
FlsTHNr.jpg

Black G10, finer fiberglass fibers than Canvas Mic:
ImfbPfX.jpg

Black paper Micarta, finer still-- so fine, it appears like solid plastic:
T5TIxQQ.jpg

Josh is a legit wizard. I remember when I got my Park Ranger back how nervous I was to handle it. So freaking sharp. What he did for my Short Butaniku was incredible too.

My REK'ed TGLB is near identical and is my "if only one knife" knife. Josh's edge work and satin finish makes the TGLB exactly what God intended that knife be.

Petey - great decision to get the mod work done and thanks for sharing. Great set of knives there!

Josh is a legit wizard. I remember when I got my Park Ranger back how nervous I was to handle it. So freaking sharp. What he did for my Short Butaniku was incredible too.

My REK'ed TGLB is near identical and is my "if only one knife" knife. Josh's edge work and satin finish makes the TGLB exactly what God intended that knife be.

Petey - great decision to get the mod work done and thanks for sharing. Great set of knives there!

Thanks...like all HOGS, I work hard for my coins, and spending them having Josh regrind INFI is money well spent, IMHO.

Now, I pride myself in being able to raise a decent burr. But the REK regrinds I own are the only ones that pass that scary "3 fingers sliding along the edge no-go" test for me. When my mind won't allow me to slide those 3 fingers, I know it's wicked.:eek:

Even better, with the shoulders knocked down, it's a lot easier maintaining sharpness.

And your Wicked Slicey Park Ranger is bad azz, most definitely.

But when I saw your REK'd TGLB, I knew I had to have one, too.

And yes, I think the model is optimized <for us> in this configuration. If you're digging out cinder block walls in Baghdad, or opening ammo crates-- stick with the factory model. But if you want a TGLB that slices like a frikking laser beam, REK it.

As for REKing my Pork Sword-- well, that one's still on the bucket list. ;)

Back