Nepali Language Lesson for the day

Bawanna

Some time back Auntie in her infinite wisdom thought this knife would make a perfect mate to the earlier wheelchair ramp knife. Everyone remembers that, engraved with what looks like a wheelchair ramp up to a house. Everyone figured it was me and bless me since my memory ain't working somebody paid for it and had it sent to me. Good day for me and I'll remember who you are as soon as I post this. Thank you again.
Anyhow here it is being used as a test medium for my blade rack planning.

Quite nice, nicely engraved and love the shape of the bell on the handle.
A better shot of the side showing the engraving and the subject of today's lesson.

And a close up of the subject.

Myself being the inquisitive soul I am, always on the quest for knowledge I sometimes remember for days or even a week sometimes asked Yangdu what it says.
She had a hard time seeing it clearly enough so she contacted the shop manager and Kumar and received the following information.
Where did I leave that paper that tells me what she said.........................hmmmm, give me a second.....................aw in my lunch bag so I wouldn't forget where I put it.

The writing says......give me a drum roll here please......
I'm waiting........cue drum roll........
It says the date the knife was made which happened to be The Nepali New Year 2074.
Date is 22/2074/1
And below that is Baishak / Punam

I thought this was pretty cool information and made an already cool knife even far more special.

Thanks Yangdu for sending it to me, it's now under glass along with the much favored wheelchair ramp knife. And thanks also again to the member that paid for it who I feel horrible about forgetting at this moment. Grrr, memory is such a terrible thing to waste.

As for the language lesson, I do this as a public service with a lot of help from Yangdu and the shop manager.

That's all I got for now. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Reruns of Wanda Wanda and for you younger folks. Peppa Pig & Shimmer and Shine!!!

Aww, found a shot of the engraved wheelchair ramp.

Last edited:
I really am around HI. I think all of us are. Most other places not so much.

I never cease to be amazed at how tight-knit the HI community is, you fellas are a great group of people, I'm honored to be here and hopefully catch some of the wisdom you guys are putting out!

Well sir, not a lot of wisdom flowing from me but we're glad your here and thankful for the members smarter and with better memories than me.
We do have a lot of different trades on board. That's always a cool thing when your trying to do something you never done before.

Dude that is so cool! I have always wanted a HI knife with a 'born-on' date on it! How cool is that? Thanks for sharing! Awesome!

I forgot how cool that knife was! Looks like a Kumar piece. His finish work is superb! Yeah! You are pretty dang lucky Mr.B! I think that Kothimoda Katana cemented you into the HI good luck club:thumbsup:

That Kothimoda Katana was the first thing I ever won in my life and I think your right, it cemented me into the HI good luck club, or possible the bottom of one of Steely's pools.
Ironically I almost didn't buy a ticket since I was so brand new I didn't feel like I deserved to play. I bought one ticket to support the cause thinking zero chance.
Was intending to buy more. As you recall that raffle went for a very long time.
I never got around to buying more so I won it on one ticket.

Should have bought lottery tickets I think. I kept wondering why I never won the lottery, till somebody told me I had to buy tickets. I don't get out much.

Um...you won it? I had no idea it was raffled. Awesome. That makes me smile.
That Kothimoda Katana was the first thing I ever won in my life and I think your right, it cemented me into the HI good luck club, or possible the bottom of one of Steely's pools.
Ironically I almost didn't buy a ticket since I was so brand new I didn't feel like I deserved to play. I bought one ticket to support the cause thinking zero chance.
Was intending to buy more. As you recall that raffle went for a very long time.
I never got around to buying more so I won it on one ticket.

Should have bought lottery tickets I think. I kept wondering why I never won the lottery, till somebody told me I had to buy tickets. I don't get out much.

It was like a raffle. I think tickets were like 30 or 35 dollars. It was similar to the BB ceremonial raffle.

To this day I still can't believe I won. She's a beautiful thing. Wife was ready to unleash on me till I quickly told her how it came about, I feel lucky to be alive for that too.

Yes I did and she's a beauty. Figuring out which hat to hang it on.

Thank you for sending it.

Back