Nessie with a guard?

myright

Gold Member
Hey Andy - any chance with getting a Nesmuck with some sort of guard or choil or something?

Well, I can do one with a guard if you insist. I think its gonna impede function as a camp kitchen knife. When you're slicing up your vegies, the guard would maybe impede your movement toward the cutting board. Maybe not.

A choil I will not do. Choils are a knife-industry fad (tactica-crappy) that do nothing but impede the function of a knife. On a Battle Mistress, I get it, but to design a small knife with a choil, means your design is lacking in some way that made you think you needed a choil there. And its a krutch for knifemakers to get around folks seeing their plunges.

JMHO. I'm kinda passionate about choils. They suck.

I've often wondered what the purpose of a choil was...just never got around to asking anyone...now I know....it sucks.....:D

sooooooooo. No choil?

lol. I have a few knives I've made that need choils.... cause my transitions sucked. I think that is why they are so popular on a lot of the knives out there, to hide large and lazy transitions. Makes sense though. You can have a huge slope on your grind and cover it right up with a choil.

Back