1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Nessmuk made quick work of pork belly

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fmendez, Jul 5, 2012.

1. fmendez

fmendez

Dec 20, 2007
    I had a big piece of pork belly that I needed to cut into pieces to make chicharron for the 4 of July dinner and decided to use JK Nessmuk since I tuned its edge in the morning.
    My wife said " you better cut that before I get to go into the kitchen" and it took me less that 10 minutes to slice and cut into bite size chicharron pieces.
    Wife thought she was going to have a long break but it did not pan out that way. Cutting through the thick pork skin with the thick layer of fat was too easy for Ness :D.

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    The Nessmuk design excells at kitchen duty, I believe that was one of the ideas behind the design, use in the camp kitchen.

3. protourist

protourist Have you ever caught me lying to you before? Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    The Nessmuk is one of my all time favorite designs. If you can find a better butcher knife I'll be surprised.
    Where are the pictures?

4. fmendez

fmendez

Dec 20, 2007
    No pictures of the Nessmuk slicing pork belly, I was to busy cutting but there will be a next time with pictures; my wife rations my craving for fried pork belly

5. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I like to use my JK's in the kitchen (galley?) -

I have learned that I like thinner knives for that work - but the thicker ones, like Mack's Cutlass, work well when designed with a good tip and some belly, like the Nessmuck (although the Nessmuck lacks that lovely clip point style...)

I look forward to your pictures of your work with the 'muck - I sometimes press my wife into being the photographer when I am doing my dirty work with my knives.

best

mqqn

6. KYenglish

KYenglish

Nov 26, 2010
    think the nessmuck i one of the main contenders for my next JK, just as soon as I have all the JK TK's out of my system, and another lrk, :p