New 14" BDC

No pics yet, but...

I'm thinking typo on the weight. It's heavier to touch and thicker than either of my other two - maybe 23 oz. instead of 13 oz.

Based upon close examination and smell, the greyish color of the neem handle appears to be a layer of forge-grime under wax. Well crafted, but ugly in a kind of cool way. The blade is, in addition to being extra-stout, extraordinarily well crafted. It just screams to be used. I'm thinking Bura finished this one and thought, "If I put a pretty handle on this somebody is going to put it on a shelf and never use it."

**drools**

The BDC is gonna be my next one ! I do not have a chiruwa handle, I like that curvy shape......and the fullers !

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
BDC good! Need pics. Are you going to clean up the handle or leave it as is?

Most BDCs weigh around 19 ounces. Clean that Neem up a bit and oil or use the Tru-Oil with the varnish in it.

Tru-Oil looks great on the Neem.
salyanlh.jpg

ALBPM said:
Most BDCs weigh around 19 ounces. Clean that Neem up a bit and oil or use the Tru-Oil with the varnish in it.

Tru-Oil looks great on the Neem.
salyanlh.jpg

Nice pattern on the wood ! Did the ring patterns show before the treatment ?

This one was picked up as a user from the start, so it gets the standard neem finishing treatment of friction, sweat, skin oil and some ballistol every now and then.

Astrodada said:
Nice pattern on the wood ! Did the ring patterns show before the treatment ?

Yes, they were there from the start. I thought at first that they were burn marks from the buffing wheel but they appear to be natural banding.