New 3" Flipper on the way! Horraay!

Hey guys,

So i'm new to blade forums and relatively new to knife collecting as well. In fact this is my first post ever on the Hinderer forum. About 2 years ago caught the bug, and from that point have purchased a series of increasinly expensive blades and finally coming to rest, as most people do, on a small sebenza 21 with micarta. I have been edc carrying this knife for almost 6 months now, and honestly felt that it would be the last knife I would ever need. Then I stumbled apon Rick Hinderer knives and this forum and everything changed lol.

So with that said, I am writing this thread to express my extreme joy at acquiring what I beleive to be my grail knife, a 3" xm-18 flipper. As most of you can attest to, finding this knife on my part took hours of scowering the "for sale" forums" and was admittedly mostly a biproduct of extreme luck. However, I am overjoyed to say that my XM is on it's way and I couldn't be happier.

So I would like to introduce myself, and lookforward to becoming a regular poster on these parts. Thanks again to Brad, user ptreadeco for such a plesent transaction. Thanks to Rick for making such great knives, and mostly thanks to this forum and it's members for being the inspiration behind my drained bank account :D

Cheers,

Kyle

Congrats and welcome!
Please don't forget to post the pics :)

congrats man, you wont be disappointed with the XMs they are great knives and love to be used.

Post some pics once you get it and let us know what you think :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I have every intention of carrying and using this knife. I personally feel it would be an injustice not to, as it's clearly designed for that exact intention. I will be sure to post pics when it arrives as well as my initial impressions.

Welcome to the club.:thumbup: I have one just like yours, and love it. I am sure that you will too.

I have yet to get/feel the 3". I EDC my small sebbie daily and love it so I feel like the 3" would be great, the 3.5 and 4 sure are haha

I actually haven't had the opportunity to handle an XM-18 before. I kinda make the purchase on blind faith and of course based on all the great reccomendations and pictures I have seen on this forum. I chose the 3" model because I live in the city, work primarily in an office, and weight was a an issue. I actually don't own any knives that would be considered larger in size. I think what appealed to me the most of the 3" XM was that it's a whole lotta knife in such a small package. As far as going with the flipper... well there just fun :D

I should also note that the one I purchaed has a black g10 scale. I'm sure I will like it but I am positive I want to acquire a smooth carbonfibre scale for it. In fact if anyone out there wants to trade...just let me know ;)

Congrats on 3in flipper. You think you have the bug bad now wait till you get ahold of a 3.5 Flipper :thumbup: :D There all great knives

Back