New 556-1701 Titanium Mini Grip

$500 MSRP according to official Benchmade forum. Not sure what that comes to (actual) retail.

Last edited:
$500 MSRP according to official Benchmade forum. Not sure what that comes to (actual) retail.

Probably $400 if street prices are 20% below retail, which I think is generally how it goes, if memory serves.

But yeah, that's way too much for a mini Grip in any configuration, in my opinion. I was willing to roll with the costs on the 781, but this is just asking for the farm.

That's a sweet looking knife, but not for me at four to five hundred bucks. I never really got the whole Gold Class thing. Still the same knife, tricked out, with maybe "better" steel.

Hey Guys!

I'm sorry this post is late. Here is the NPA for the 556-1701, enjoy!
556-1701_Mini%20Griptilian_NPA_zps7pa5cthj.jpg

A Sebenza 21 (small) is 350.
An Inkosi (small) is 375.
An inlaid Sebenza 21 (small) is 450.

I figure this will fall somewhere in those ranges. With titanium, wood inlay, and a "better" steel (better is subjective but it is newer which usually means pricier), I would say that it's a pretty strong comparison. Materials are there for the money, the question is; is that enough for buyers to purchase it or do they require the same tolerances that Reeve generally puts out.

Damn, $425 at DLT. WTF? I love the design and specs but $425? That's crazy! No way I'm spending that much on a Mini Grip. Maybe $300 but that would be pushing it as well. $25o and it would be a buy.

It looks great and I've hoped Benchmade would do more non-framelock stuff with titanium but I just couldn't pull the trigger on the Anthem. I won't get this one either.

I stratched the itch with aftermarket scales for much less per knife.

i.ashx

Basically Gold Class, I guess. Certainly the pricing fits. Just a modified distribution plan, limited to certain dealers.

Back