New 710 release

A selling price of $405 for a base model aluminum handled 710?! Crazy pricing structure.
Benchmade is really taking their fans to the cleaners. Based on their pricing the last few years, they must really hate their customer base lol.
There are so many better options for the $ for a made in the USA blade with much better materials.
Who is the market for this blade?

The Mini Adamas with carbon fiber and magnacut has msrp of $375. It's hard to believe this new 710 costs so much more when it's aluminum and S90v, both of which are arguably downgrades.

Always wanted a 710 . Like these new ones and the new steels , but the $$$ - jeeeez ! Not surprising from Benchmade , I guess . As good as Benchmade can be , I'm beginning to think that they see their knives as a Chris Reeve build quality - and they're not .

The 710 should have realistically been kept as a legacy product. Benchmade made the determination that revenue wise it had to get cut, and I can't argue with their findings however. I've sold a couple 710D2 models over the years for Benchmade when the right person asked what to pick, it's a top 3 knife design for me. Gotta hand it to the first Axis lock design.

I'm not getting the warm fuzzies about this release for one reason, as many other have pointed out, the price. I'm not going to pass judgement on the materials or overall quality of the knife until I handle it. But my crowned spine M390 release cost far less than that and I think customers would be well served with a fourth option, a proper 710 with a decent base steel. A legacy product if you will, and one that doesn't cost any more than it should.

I can’t help but get excited over the new 710’s. I’m thrilled it’s coming back. I just wish they were more traditional 710ish. G10 handle with full liners and a good stainless steel blade (non-coated).

$450 is pretty steep for this knife. For another $50 , you could get a brand new Large Sebenza31. Just a point of interest.

Last edited:
I can’t help but get excited over the new 710’s. I’m thrilled it’s coming back. I just wish they were more traditional 710ish. G10 handle with full liners and a good stainless steel blade (non-coated).

$450 is pretty steep for this knife. For another $50 , you could get a brand new Large Sebenza31. Just a point of interest.
Ok, but why is a Sebenza worth $50.00 more?

I ask this as someone who has a couple Sebenzas as well as several Benchmades.

Back