New 940 question

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by fwellers, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:48 AM.

1. fwellers

fwellers

Jan 16, 2010
    Hi,
    I want to get a 940. I love the aluminum green, but am concerned about dirt and dust as opposed to the 940-2 that has an open bottom.
    Is this a legit concern or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks,
    Floyd

rexromic likes this.
  2. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Just paranoid. If stuff gets plugged up in the handle, a 0.5 second shot of compressed air will clean it right out. I've owned Al handle 94X knives for decades and never once thought "man, I'm pretty tired of stuff getting in the handle."

3. fwellers

fwellers

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks Cypress. Glad to hear it. I guess I watch too many review sites.
    I'm gonna get that sucker
    Floyd

metaxasm and Cypress like this.
  4. kreole

kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    I have a g10 one and aluminum one and have to say open back leads to more dust inside for me.

5. fwellers

fwellers

Jan 16, 2010
    Hi Kreole,
    Thanks for the response. I wouldn't have thunk that. But I'll definitely find out next week. It's a done deal for me.

kreole likes this.
  6. Cowboyfromhell666

Cowboyfromhell666

May 13, 2019
    U guys see that new limited edition 940 with the titanium scales and red accents...only 2000 made and $400 smackers....very tempting

7. Riztory

Riztory

Saturday
    I have not seen any dust or dirt in mine, but the pop of the purple backspacer really take it to another level.

8. Desmoface

Desmoface

Tuesday
    Ima newbie - but researching a new higher end EDC knife lead me to the 940 series and to this forum. After lots of research, I pulled the trigger on a 940BK With the green aluminum from BladeHQ about 30 minutes ago. What a beautiful knife. I agonized as there were substantially cheaper options on Fleabay, but I didn't want to risk that trash. Can't wait!

9. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    Great choice! Welcome!

Desmoface likes this.