NEW AT SHOT: Blade Tech Pro Hunter and Mouse

Tim Wegner at Blade Tech is manufacturing his own production knives right here in the USA. A thread in the Reviews forum about this knife has specs and some opinions from those who already have this knife: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241969

The new Pro Hunter is a vast improvement over the discontinued Spyderco C48 Wegner model.

The Mouse knife is also being made by Blade-Tech. It's a very nice pocket sized folder.

Nice.., thanks Dex... :)

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

The Spydie version was a favorite of mine. I think I'll need both of these!

I have had the g-10 version for a little while now. Fed Ex just dropped off the carbon fiber verion. Wow!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The carbon fiber is perfect. I have some CF knives from other manufacturers where the CF is chipped. No chips here, not even around the thong hole.

Originally posted by shootist16
I have had the g-10 version for a little while now. Fed Ex just dropped off the carbon fiber verion. Wow!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The carbon fiber is perfect. I have some CF knives from other manufacturers where the CF is chipped. No chips here, not even around the thong hole.

Dennis - how do you find the feel of the CF? I handled the CF one and thought it was way too slick even with dry hands. Tim mentioned the possibility of doing them up with a light bead blast to slightly rough up the texture. That would be cool. I like the looks of the CF one but prefer the feel of the G-10.

I wouldn't mind seeing the scales bead blasted. The carbon fiber is pretty slick. However, I don't believe my hand would slip forward due to the guard. It looks great.

If I were choosing one to use in adverse conditions, I would probably choose the G-10.

I can't get over what a great job Blade-Tech did on these. Excellent quality.

Originally posted by Dave_Williams
The knives look very good.

Dave

They feel even better. I remember how ugly I thought the originals were, until I held one. These look better and feel just as good.

More than looks and feel, the Pro Hunter is an awesome performer! Cuts like the dickens. I've really been enjoying mine and will post a review after a while. Dare I say, the Blade Tech version makes the defunct Spydie version look a bit crude [before you nail me, I will say that the C48 is one of my all time favorite Spydies]

Back